Internet feed for Purdue game

mesothelioma

Reaction score
Thought I would post this well in advance of the game Wed, just so this doesn't get buried in the flurry of Purdue game posts.
I realize the game is on the BTN, and these games are typically not streamed over the net like ESPN games, however does anyone have *any* ideas about what I can do to watch the Purdue game?

I'm really surprised this one isn't available for purchase on the Big Ten network. I would be inclined to try a website like this-

http://www.myp2p.eu

Does anyone know how I can listen on radio in Ca? I was able to hear the Northwestrn game on WGN. For some reason WCCO puts something other than the Gopher game for out of state listeners. Is there a Purdue feed? I see Channel Surfing doesn't have the game listed.
Thanks

I haven't had any luck finding BTN games online this year when I've been traveling. Last year they were always on Justin.tv. Not sure if they cracked down on it, or simply no one is bothering to put them up.

Roy, I believe the only way to get the radio feed is to buy a subsription to Gold Zone on Gophersports.com, unless you can find the Purdue broadcast somewhere. WCCO can't stream the games online. If you have a blackberry or Iphone you might try streaming WCCO on there though. They're supposed to black it out there too, but I'm not sure they always do.

Kind of a crapshoot so I would start during the pregame - Wcco doesn't simulcast the game but other stations on the Gopher radio network do. Google the network and get the list of radio stations and just start listening online and hope to get lucky and find one. Same with the Purdue radio network.

@Roy

For streaming radio broadcasts, I go to the Minnesota page on www.freebasketballradio.com. The link that has worked for the past few games is KSUM 1370. If that one fails, I've had better luck with the links for opposing teams than for the Gopher broadcast. Some of the commentators are insufferable, but it's better than nothing.

I've had a lot of luck with justin.tv for what it's worth.

I've had a lot of luck with justin.tv for what it's worth.

With the BTN you're really sol for justintv/channelsurfing. For ESPN/CBS feeds .. yes. BTN no. I think you would be best off looking for an offshore feed for video or just trying to find radio like others have mentioned.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. As others have stated, I have tried looking for BTN games on Justin.tv and channelsurfing.net and I can hardly ever find one. I wish BTN.com would just let me buy the game and give me a legit stream. Oh well, I hope something shows up, or else it is radio only :-(

With the BTN you're really sol for justintv/channelsurfing. For ESPN/CBS feeds .. yes. BTN no. I think you would be best off looking for an offshore feed for video or just trying to find radio like others have mentioned.

They (the BTN) offer a subscription if you're outside the US, but not if you're in the US. Initially, I understood this as they couldn't give up the leverage of having angry fans call thier cable company and demanding BTN. But at this point, I think they pretty much have the distribution they're going to get, and they'd be better off offering a domestic subscription online and making whatever they can off of it.

They (the BTN) offer a subscription if you're outside the US, but not if you're in the US. Initially, I understood this as they couldn't give up the leverage of having angry fans call thier cable company and demanding BTN. But at this point, I think they pretty much have the distribution they're going to get, and they'd be better off offering a domestic subscription online and making whatever they can off of it.

I would pay per view for Football...as I don't have cable and that is just about the only thing I'd like to watch on tv so it isn't worth it to buy cable for football alone. I wish they would offer that.

Top Bottom