Interesting Week Coming Up

ncgo4

Reaction score
We played very good defense for one half and then special teams and the offense gave them the ball deep in our territory. Not a bad day for the D, IMHO. The special teams and the offense sucked, there's just no good way to spin it. Two weeks in a row with zero, 0, zilch, zip, nada points by the starters. Hard to make that look like anything other than what it is.

Why? A very poor offensive line. Dropped passes, even by Decker. A QB who played very poorly.

Then Gray did something really terrible. He came in and played well, albeit against mostly the second OSU defense. What does it mean? Well it means that with a poor line someone with terrific mobility makes a difference, a very big difference.

Now what do the coaches do? I think they have Weber and Gray spit time with the first team in practice this week. They start Weber but have a quick hook before turning it over to Gray, if necessary.

MSU suddenly has a pretty good defense and if Weber can't produce he gets the yank.

The problem with starting Weber and keeping a short leash on him is that deprives Gray of a full week of practice, which he would desperately need if he's going to be in there. Brewster needs to make a decision quick and go with it. One way or another. He can't play this one both ways or he's not giving either guy a chance.

Bring on Grey

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. It's not all Weber's fault (e.g. dropped passes) but Brewster has got to shake things up on offense. He's playing Whaley. He needs to start Grey on Halloween and have the PA announcer make sure the crowd knows it: MARUIS GREY AT QUARTEBACK!

Go Gophers!

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. It's not all Weber's fault (e.g. dropped passes) but Brewster has got to shake things up on offense. He's playing Whaley. He needs to start Grey on Halloween and have the PA announcer make sure the crowd knows it: MARUIS GREY AT QUARTEBACK!

Go Gophers!

welcome aboard pasadena! nice to have you here.

a friendly p.s. it is gray, not grey. hey, you were only 0-3! no worries. i am sure you will get that percentage back into respectable range! ;)

Top Bottom