Interesting Tweet (IOWA)

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Not sure it is worthy of the cry laughing emoji. Just because he won the award doesn't mean another player couldn't be graded higher. Or maybe I am missing the joke.....who knows. :)

Side note - I had never heard of the Wisconsin guy on the list and had to look him up. He had 12 tackles against us in 2022 but name didn't ring a bell so they must not have been very memorable tackles.

Last edited:

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Seems like his former teammate is joking/questioning if he should have won. No wonder Bruce transferred.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if that's supposed to be a slam on Campbell?

On a side note, I missed the Bruce committed to Oklahoma St.
The joy of trying to decipher twitter. It could be a shot at Campbell or I took it more as a shot at PFF for ranking someone ahead of Campbell. But who knows......

BigGopher69

Reaction score
PFF grades on how well you did your assignment every play I believe. Players in lesser roles who don't have as big of job can get a better grade than players that are better then them, for example having the #1 corner follow the #1 wr all game. PFF also does not 100% know what's being coached or called by the team their grading. A player could get a negative grade but in reality could be doing what coach told them. I don't bash PFF too much but the average person should not base their player evaluations solely on pff grades

Some guy

Reaction score
PFF grades on how well you did your assignment every play I believe. Players in lesser roles who don't have as big of job can get a better grade than players that are better then them, for example having the #1 corner follow the #1 wr all game. PFF also does not 100% know what's being coached or called by the team their grading. A player could get a negative grade but in reality could be doing what coach told them. I don't bash PFF too much but the average person should not base their player evaluations solely on pff grades
And your first sentence especially is questionable because often times PFF doesn’t know a players assignment

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Not sure it is worthy of the cry laughing emoji. Just because he won the award doesn't mean another player couldn't be graded higher. Or maybe I am missing the joke.....who knows. :)

Side note - I had never heard of the Wisconsin guy on the list and had to look him up. He had 12 tackles against us in 2022 but name didn't ring a bell so they must not have been very memorable tackles.
They were just calling him "Meta" on the TV broadcast, and they did call his name a bunch and gush over him, to my recollection.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Seems like his former teammate is joking/questioning if he should have won. No wonder Bruce transferred.
Agree that the grammar/word structure of the "sentence" is really poor, but it is a very shorted version of a sentence like:

"What kind of BS list is this, when Jack Campbell won the Butkus???"

Zoomers think it's cute to shorten everything

Gopherchase

Reaction score
31, 33 and 44 for Iowa the past four years have been great players their D will take a step or two backward without them.

minnyrules11

Reaction score
This is like declaring wisconsin is on the decline. Until it happens, never bet on it!
Wisconsin fired their coach this year as a result of not being very good so one could claim they are on the decline and switching to an air attack instead of ground and pound run game, ball control throw it to TEs type of offense. The defense was not good this year either

If Iowa’s offense is poor again next year I’m willing to bet they won’t come close to matching the defensive touchdowns they had this year. They lose a lot of top end talent.

Some guy

Reaction score
This is like declaring wisconsin is on the decline. Until it happens, never bet on it!
Saying the Iowa defense will take a step back isn’t really that big of an insult.
If they’re the 20th best defense in the country next year it means they took a major step back.

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
Saying the Iowa defense will take a step back isn’t really that big of an insult.
If they’re the 20th best defense in the country next year it means they took a major step back.
I wouldn't bet on them being 20th or lower next year then!

Top Bottom