Interesting thread on iowa message board about the crowd at TCF

Loved this comment

For the first time in a very long time, MN has a well-coached team.

It is astounding how few Badger and Hawkeye fans come to the games now vs. then.

Since games at TCF against Iowa and Wisconsin have not even sold out lately, you would think they would quit with the conspiracy theories that TCF was sized to keep them out.

TCF was sized to avoid the U having to any longer "donate" worthless nosebleed tickets like they did for decades at the dome.

there were still plenty of Hawk fans had it gone the other way we would have heard how loud they could get.

please stop selling season tickets to those bumble bee colored fans!

and Those drunkers from the east throw in there as well. stop selling tickets to fans from the opposing teams

I disagree with one Iowa poster there calling their fumbles "flukes". Richardson grabbed Rudock's arm and Thompson punched the ball out of the Iowa RB's hands.

there were still plenty of Hawk fans had it gone the other way we would have heard how loud they could get.

please stop selling season tickets to those bumble bee colored fans!

and Those drunkers from the east throw in there as well. stop selling tickets to fans from the opposing teams

Were you in section 245 by chance? My wife, who really isn't a football fan kept saying, "squash the bumble bees." She wasn't sure she would enjoy the game but ended up having a blast. Just curious.

The only questionable thing in the game was D. Jones' TD and that was pretty close. The ref on the field 10 feet from the play called it a touchdown and the video review could not conclusively over turn it.

I disagree with one Iowa poster there calling their fumbles "flukes". Richardson grabbed Rudock's arm and Thompson punched the ball out of the Iowa RB's hands.

Any Iowa fan who is complaining about the refs or calling something a fluke needs to be reminded that we had 7 touchdowns.

Not only were the Iowa fans quiet, there had to be fewer Hawkeyes fans at the game than at any since the last time they played us at Memorial Stadium. We've gone from 64,000 sell outs at the Metrodome with 40,000 Iowa fans to an announced 49,000 plus and likely closer to 47,000 in reality and Minnesota fans holding a vast majority (as we should). It's not like tickets were unavailable. Theoretically someone could have walked up to the box office, asked for 3,000 tickets, and be asked "cash or credit". I'm not complaining in the slightest. I've longed for this to be a reality. It just makes you wonder where all of the self proclaimed "best fans in the Big Ten" went. They're clearly burned out on Kirk Ferentz, but are stuck with him for quite a while (his buyout stands at $7,500,000 right now). I think the Iowa fans also have come to realize the days of Rose Bowls are probably gone for good, and certainly gone as something that happened every few years. The looks of Iowa fans on Saturday along with their comments certainly seemed to suggest they know this.

Top Bottom