Interesting scheduling item

ilovethebarn

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but as the wife and I look at the schedule this year we noticed something. It seems like every other year our home schedule will be awesome. Every other year we get Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa all at home. Then the other year we get Michigan. I am only speaking of Big Ten opponents here. I think that this sort of sucks. Like this year our home schedule is pretty weak. But next year we get those teams mentioned above plus Penn State. Now that schedule will be sick. We were just kind of surprised by this scheduling nugget.

I remember Maturi last fall saying he was trying to move the Iowa and Wisconsin games so they weren't both home or away the same year.

I have noticed this too....but never posted about it.

What is the link to the older thread?

I like that macturi was trying to change it up. Hadn't read that before.

GopherMartin

I have noticed this too....but never posted about it.

What is the link to the older thread?

I like that macturi was trying to change it up. Hadn't read that before.

GopherMartin

I think it came up in the "Gameday Atmosphere" thread. Maybe elsewhere too. Definitely something the new AD will want to be tackling as they redo the schedules for 2015.

Yeah I figured it had been talked about. I am glad that they are doing a big schedule overhaul in 2015.

Yeah I figured it had been talked about. I am glad that they are doing a big schedule overhaul in 2015.

Hopefully it turns out well. One would hope the next set of 4 years has a more equitable year by year breakdown, but that isn't guaranteed either.

For this program, this year, it's the best schedule. Beat teams at home, go on the road and take your chances. 7-5, book it.

Top Bottom