Interesting article on the recruit star ratings and how to build a program

popeyoung5

Reaction score
This was in the Milwaukee journal. It shows a winning formula of keeping your best in state and dipping out of state for speed/skill. It also shows a strong opinion of the star ratings. A recruit gains stars overnight if He signs with a helmet school? So much for star ratings. The Badgers have a built a winner over 20 years with this formula. Kill will do the same.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/128163033.html

I despise Wisconsin, but that was a good article.

"They all hate us and me," Bielema said. "We don't allow any interaction with them."

"I've been a part of this for a long time," he said, "and you get a kid and he may have one or two stars and all of a sudden he gets an offer from a 'favored' school of these (sites). And he jumps to a three- or four-star. It's kind of bogus."

Go pound sand, you jack-hole.

"They all hate us and me," Bielema said. "We don't allow any interaction with them."

"I've been a part of this for a long time," he said, "and you get a kid and he may have one or two stars and all of a sudden he gets an offer from a 'favored' school of these (sites). And he jumps to a three- or four-star. It's kind of bogus."

Another quality post by Unregistered User.

Another quality post by Unregistered User.

You're too kind.

Maybe this still hasn't sunk in for you, but this is a Gopher Football board, and nearly 100% of the people who read this despise Burt BigEnema

If you and your brethren weren't so insecure, and felt the need to find out what we're saying about your team, you wouldn't even know this post existed.

So, instead I will direct this to you:

When I posted this article I thought it gave insight into the recruiting star system and how to pull a meaningless upper mid west football program into a yearly, respected winner. The Badgers were meaningless from 1965 till 1993. They now win almost every year and stick to a certain formula for recruiting. Keep your top in state talent and grab a few skill/speed guys out of state. They are known as tailback U and now get top rb's and o-lineman coming to them. Kill knows how to recruit for his system. He will bring the same results, He just needs time. Imagine what the Gophers would look like if they were able to keep the top talent in state the last 5 years. Heck, look at the bball talent that went to Madison. Wasn't Jon Leuer and Jordan Taylor from Minnesota?

What do you dislike/disagree with in this quote? What about this quote makes BB a jack-hole?

And yes, I'm already aware that I'm the worst person in the world because I read Gopherhole and am a Badger fan, so spare me that part of your response and explain to me what about this quote was so upsetting to you.

What do you dislike/disagree with in this quote? What about this quote makes BB a jack-hole?

And yes, I'm already aware that I'm the worst person in the world because I read Gopherhole and am a Badger fan, so spare me that part of your response and explain to me what about this quote was so upsetting to you.

How do you get Unregistered User off your porch?

Pay for the pizza.

Top Bottom