Insight Into the Mind of Richard Pitino

"Billy (Donovan) was so good to work for because Billy does so much and outworks so many people that you just try to keep up with Billy. That taught me a lot, just to see him be able to do all that stuff every single day..."

Sounds like he understands how much work it requires to be excellent in CBB. It's great he has the Pitino name, but really, we never heard about how hard Tubby worked at his craft. Perhaps that's just perception, not reality, but the pendulum is swinging away from "established method built on years of experience" toward "tireless effort to build something legendary." Minnesota athletics fans suffered through that paradigm shift when we went from Mason to Brewster, but I'm seriously hopeful that Teague just has a sixth sense about what is truly needed. He certainly showed that with the Shaka hire.

In my mind, the benefit of the doubt is granted...I'm excited!

Go Gophers!

I hope the young man is on the phone to the Big 3 as I type this.

Let's start referring to him as Rick...it'll make the hire that much more exciting.

Sounds like he understands how much work it requires to be excellent in CBB.

This is certainly promising, his hard work will hopefully pay off in recruiting. He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

He actually took the job, I have to support him for that alone. Now, who stays, who goes.

Top Bottom