Injury situation

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Meg's notes today mention Potts, Kieft, and Schad. And for the first time in 2020, the STrib makes formal mention of Oliver, Dunlap, and Faalele.

https://www.startribune.com/status-...-rossi-for-iowa-game-still-unknown/573023561/

Running back Treyson Potts is questionable to return after leaving the Illinois game on a cart in the second quarter because of a right lower-leg injury, appearing back on the sidelines in the fourth quarter wearing a walking boot.

Fleck called him “day-to-day.”

Tight end Ko Kieft has not played the past two games. Defensive tackle Keonte Schad also missed the Illinois game. Several players have not yet played this year, including linebacker Braelen Oliver (injury) and offensive linemen Curtis Dunlap Jr., (injury) and Daniel Faalele (COVID-19 concerns). Fleck has declined to give specifics on why or how long they will be absent.

Meg's notes today mention Potts, Kieft, and Schad. And for the first time in 2020, the STrib makes formal mention of Oliver, Dunlap, and Faalele.

https://www.startribune.com/status-...-rossi-for-iowa-game-still-unknown/573023561/

Running back Treyson Potts is questionable to return after leaving the Illinois game on a cart in the second quarter because of a right lower-leg injury, appearing back on the sidelines in the fourth quarter wearing a walking boot.

Tight end Ko Kieft has not played the past two games. Defensive tackle Keonte Schad also missed the Illinois game. Several players have not yet played this year, including linebacker Braelen Oliver (injury) and offensive linemen Curtis Dunlap Jr., (injury) and Daniel Faalele (COVID-19 concerns). Fleck has declined to give specifics on why or how long they will be absent.
Sooo...a lot of "non-news" type news. Typical Fleck injury updates, lol. You'll see on Friday night around 6 pm who's available.

Has Bryce Williams been available for games so far? Suited up? Injured?

Has Bryce Williams been available for games so far? Suited up? Injured?
Right? PJ made one reference to not having him in one of the press conferences but radio silence otherwise...

I'm always fascinated by fans who act as if they should be insiders on the team. There is a competitive advantage to be gained by not letting them know who is playing. If they expect our run game to be heavy to the left, but Faalele is back and we play to run right more, why tell Iowa that?

Anyway, I was really excited for our OL this year. Hopefully the healthy and eligible guys play well.

I'm always fascinated by fans who act as if they should be insiders on the team. There is a competitive advantage to be gained by not letting them know who is playing. If they expect our run game to be heavy to the left, but Faalele is back and we play to run right more, why tell Iowa that?

Anyway, I was really excited for our OL this year. Hopefully the healthy and eligible guys play well.
You're not wrong, at all.

And it's still silly. Hope the Big Ten institutes a mandated weekly injury report, for conference games.

If it's equal playing field, then it's a non-factor.

My feeling is that injury reports and overrated. Prepare well, limit your mistakes and things should turn out well most of the time.

The injury report was one reason the NCAA was against legalizing betting on college sports.
They feared low level insiders could be bribed to provide information not available to the general public.
The NFL has much stricter injury report rules.

The injury report was one reason the NCAA was against legalizing betting on college sports.
They feared low level insiders could be bribed to provide information not available to the general public.
The NFL has much stricter injury report rules.
Well again that goes back to my point: why is it not ok for someone inside the program to be paid for the info, but it's perfectly fine for Ryan Burns to charge people a monthly fee to get "early access" to the info before it goes out to the STrib, PP, and so on???

Seems fake, to me. The school could just release that info to the public directly. No one to pay, then. But they won't do that unless the conference mandates it as a level playing field.

In life, there are some hard truths. One seems to be: if there's a way to rig something, so that someone can make a buck off of it for no good reason, don't be surprised if that happens.

I swear on one of the interviews on Kfan (I think with Paul Allen Monday) PJ mentioned getting Bryce Williams back this week to go along with Mo and Cam Wiley.

Got Sunday's paper 'cuz thought I read about them. Though didn't look at until yesterday.

For what it's worth, in the injury report, Dunlap and Faalele were mentioned. Though not Oliver. Still wonder if either of them will play this season. Would be very, but happily, surprised.

Got Sunday's paper 'cuz thought I read about them. Though didn't look at until yesterday.

For what it's worth, in the injury report, Dunlap and Faalele were mentioned. Though not Oliver. Still wonder if either of them will play this season. Would be very, but happily, surprised.
Dunlap is almost certainly out for the season. He's been on the sideline with his foot in a boot and using a scooter to keep weight off of it. Even if he was able to get out of the boot before the end of the season, he hasn't been practicing with his injury so he wouldn't be game ready.

Faalele is likely out for the season. He is believed to beat COVID opt out, and from rumors sound like he is going full social distancing and isn't even attending practices (and possibly not classes in person either? Rumors are uncertain)

No clue on Oliver, but his injury sounded like he wouldn't be in for the season due to the recovery time.

A rule in the future I can understand for releasing depth charts, but no reason at this time during the ever changing COVID landscape.

Dunlap (Injury), Oliver (Injury), and Faalele (Injury) seem to be out all year. Potts is an injury. The rest all seem to be week to week COVID issues.

The Strib on Sunday and yesterday made it pretty clear that Faalele was out because of COVID, not his injury from a year ago. Oliver wasn't mentioned Sunday but he was in yesterday's paper. On Sunday they mentioned Dunlap "on the sidelines in a walking boot" at Illinois.

From yesterday:

Several players have not yet played this year, including linebacker Braelen Oliver (injury) and offensive linemen Curtis Dunlap Jr., (injury) and Daniel Faalele (COVID-19 concerns). Fleck has declined to give specifics on why or how long they will be absent.

The Strib on Sunday and yesterday made it pretty clear that Faalele was out because of COVID, not his injury from a year ago. Oliver wasn't mentioned Sunday but he was in yesterday's paper. On Sunday they mentioned Dunlap "on the sidelines in a walking boot" at Illinois.

From yesterday:

Several players have not yet played this year, including linebacker Braelen Oliver (injury) and offensive linemen Curtis Dunlap Jr., (injury) and Daniel Faalele (COVID-19 concerns). Fleck has declined to give specifics on why or how long they will be absent.
Your quoted sentences from Meg's Monday notes are in the OP.

Does anyone know Iowa's injury report or covid issues?

Kyler Schott/Coy Cronk (OG/OT) are both out. Schott with mono and Cronk with an undisclosed lower body injury. They both didn't play last week but Iowa's 8-9 deep at OL this year. The current lineup might be their best combo anyways. They get their starting LB (Jack Campbell 6-5 245lbs) back who missed all three games with mono. Not sure if he'll play much though. Iowa has a very young football team this fall.

Kyler Schott/Coy Cronk (OG/OT) are both out. Schott with mono and Cronk with an undisclosed lower body injury. They both didn't play last week but Iowa's 8-9 deep at OL this year. The current lineup might be their best combo anyways. They get their starting LB (Jack Campbell 6-5 245lbs) back who missed all three games with mono. Not sure if he'll play much though. Iowa has a very young football team this fall.

If he's been out 3 games with mono, he's probably still getting back into playing shape so I'm sure he'll see less playing time than he usually would.

Mono has been going around Iowa, huh? I guess that's what you get for making out with hogs. :cool:

Top Bottom