Injuries

TNGophfan

Reaction score
I'm not one of those who wring their hands over Fleck not giving injury info, but was wondering if anyone close to the program had any info on the injuries to Athan, Cody and Green.

I'm not one of those who wring their hands over Fleck not giving injury info, but was wondering if anyone close to the program had any info on the injuries to Athan, Cody and Green.
The quote I saw on here (from PJ) was that they were the type of injuries that, if it was still in the season, the players would probably miss a few weeks but nothing major.

My wild guess (no, I have no inside info) is that Athan is high ankle sprain.

His back foot twisted/folded under his body when he got that low tackle. I was worried it was an ACL, because that's usually what gives when you get that kind of "torquing" between the upper and lower legs.

High sprains (twisting, instead of rolling) are supposed to be very painful and take a while to heal, relative to usual sprains. But much, much preferable to a knee.

High sprains hurt like a SOB and it is difficult or near impossible to put any weight on it. Either crutches or a walking boot or both.

Initial healing takes about 2 to 3 weeks depending on the severity. Typically can resume most activities while wearing an orthopedic ankle brace (the kind that lace up and velcro). Fortunately he has top-notch care at his disposal, so there are probably many more advanced treatments that are above and beyond the stuff available to us mere mortals.

No inside info but based on Fleck's comments it would seem unlikely that any of the bowl game injuries will impact spring ball or fall camp.

Top Bottom