Indiana to open the 2020 season at Wisconsin ON A FRIDAY

Its a race between the NCAA and NFL to see who can saturate and turn off their audiences the fastest. They should throw in some more red hat guy time with a few more scheduled advertising breaks too, just for good measure.

Its a race between the NCAA and NFL to see who can saturate and turn off their audiences the fastest. They should throw in some more red hat guy time with a few more scheduled advertising breaks too, just for good measure.

I totally agree with your sentiment on NCAA & NFL saturation, but the Hoosier/Badger game is on Labor Day weekend the same weekend the Gophers are playing on a Thursday. It probably works out better for just as many fans as it doesn't.

Indiana is the only different cross-over foe for Wisconsin as compared to Minnesota who plays Michigan State. I will be like;y tuned in for this game.

Last edited:

Labor Day and Thanksgiving weekends get a pass on the Friday crappiness stuff. But the rest of the weekends are fair game.

Many of the High School conferences in southern Wisconsin play on Thursday night prior to Labor Day weekend.

I think Michigan State has opened its home season on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend for as long as we have done so on the Thursday night of that weekend, and perhaps for a season or two longer. That Friday tends to have a disproportionate number of college games compared to other weekends.

Having a Friday game that weekend is not a big problem in my opinion and it might help the Badgers get a better crowd for one of the conference's traditionally poorest drawing visiting teams when the Saturday afternoon of that weekend often gets used for other purposes as summer comes to a close.

The Big Ten is also doing what other conferences have done; scheduling at least one conference game every weekend to ensure the league always has a quality game for TV when most members are playing MAC, C-USA, and FCS type teams.

Top Bottom