Indiana Game Notes

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
(1) It was nice to see Tanner have some good moments. He was a bit shaky early on, but he really looked more comfortable tonight than he has in weeks. Despite calling for a change at QB, it's impossible to not like and root for Morgan.

(2) I've been ripping on Sanford as much as anyone, but he had some really nice moments. today. I still don't love a lot of his route concepts, but we called a good game. We took a few of those easy early down chunks. We took a one-on-one shot to the endzone. The screen was beautiful and a great call. You have to give credit where it is due.

(3) Rossi made the right adjustments. I was pretty livid at the beginning of the game because it really seemed like the Gopher staff hadn't seen Indiana's QB play. But we adjusted and really didn't give up anything until some garbage points.

(4) Micah McFadden is a really good football player. He was all over the place. Indiana just kept bringing in DL to match up with our OL to keep McFadden free. That essentially means if he takes a bad angle or misses a tackle, we get a huge gain. We ran the ball well on them but we didn't have a lot of huge plays. He is one of the better defensive players we've played against. We'll see a similar player in Leo Chenal next week.

(5) Obviously - our OL and RBs were good again.

(6) Indiana has the worst passing game I've ever seen in P5 football. It's worse than Fleck's first year (Rhoda/Croft season).

(7) BSF with a nice game and an awesome hurdle. I'll think he'll put up nice numbers next season.

(8) Pickney with a nice game.

(9) Can we please stop with the garbage TDs at the end? I don't even know why it bothers me, it just looks sloppy. Also, I'm glad we had so many offsides plays this week, it'll give Fleck something to really coach up before it happens some time it matters.

(10) I hate seeing so many starters playing when the game is in doubt, especially the ones with experience.

EDIT: Beat the f'n Badgers next week.

Top Bottom