Indiana def coord salary

swingman

Reaction score
Warren will be paid $700,000 in the first year of his contract, according to IU, and then $725,000 in the second. By comparison, IU paid its last defensive coordinator, Kane Wommack, $460,000 a year. Wommack is now the head coach at South Alabama.
While an official contract has yet to be inked by Warren, these are the agreed upon terms, per IU, and they will make him the highest paid assistant on Tom Allen’s staff. Warren will be on par with Aaron Wellman, the program’s strength coach, who was offered a compensation package totaling $700,000 a year to come over from the New York Giants in 2020.
Warren was paid $600,000 a year, according to multiple reports, as Georgia’s defensive backs coach. So he’s earning a raise of $100,000 to come to IU and take on the program’s defensive coordinator duties.

I think Rossi and Sanford are at $650,000.

You can only do that if your employees work for free. Not saying, just sayin.
They don’t work for free. They are paying him 700k

isn’t that what the thread is about?

Or are you implying that people on scholarship at university for activities are employees?

They don’t work for free. They are paying him 700k

isn’t that what the thread is about?

Or are you implying that people on scholarship at university for activities are employees?
Yes that is what I am implying. How much is Bateman worth on the open market? As Charles Barkly said about paying Cam 200K at Auburn "I call that a damn good investment".

Interesting that Allen’s top staff guy was SandC guy.

Sark was paid 2.5 million as the Alabama OC last year !

Yes that is what I am implying. How much is Bateman worth on the open market? As Charles Barkly said about paying Cam 200K at Auburn "I call that a damn good investment".
Who knows but Bateman and others too must have thought what they were getting was pretty valuable to opt back in to play.

How much are 70/85 guys on a roster worth?

maybe half rides instead of full rides. Especially if there is no money because the top guys get a bunch.

Institutions drive profits. Not players. Which is why leagues like the XFL, USFL, AAF, USFL can’t stay profitable and Eventually fold even with talent equal to or better than 90% of college teams

Same reason the G league doesn’t make money even though G league teams could dominate the gophers and Wisconsin basketball teams

How much are 70/85 guys on a roster worth?

maybe half rides instead of full rides. Especially if there is no money because the top guys get a bunch.

Institutions drive profits. Not players. Which is why leagues like the XFL, USFL, AAF, USFL can’t stay profitable and Eventually fold even with talent equal to or better than 90% of college teams

Same reason the G league doesn’t make money even though G league teams could dominate the gophers and Wisconsin basketball teams

Yes I need to quit getting on a soap box about this. Most players would make no money. Sure is an odd system tho.

Some guy, bro a free ride doesn’t equal a university’s price. It’s not like they are giving these guys that amount of cash. It’s what, room and board? And sure, a bunch of grad student teachers and adjunct professors to teach them. It’s a completely fucked equitation. Stop licking boot.

I don't understand how people think a scholarship costs the University so much. Tuition is free for the university because you aren't replacing a paying student with a free student. You're not paying professors more because of the student athletes. The costs are associated with tutors and things, I guess, but that again is split amongst 700+ athletes (less after cuts, different topic for a different time)

The University "pays" for food, housing, etc. but these costs are more than covered by the TEAMS earnings for a sport like football or mens basketball. If they weren't, coaches wouldn't make millions.

Some guy, bro a free ride doesn’t equal a university’s price. It’s not like they are giving these guys that amount of cash. It’s what, room and board? And sure, a bunch of grad student teachers and adjunct professors to teach them. It’s a completely fucked equitation. Stop licking boot.
It’s fine if you want to pay players. Just understand that paying players directly and treating them as employees would cause most of the teams to drop out of that system and enter a new system.

I don't understand how people think a scholarship costs the University so much. Tuition is free for the university because you aren't replacing a paying student with a free student. You're not paying professors more because of the student athletes. The costs are associated with tutors and things, I guess, but that again is split amongst 700+ athletes (less after cuts, different topic for a different time)

The University "pays" for food, housing, etc. but these costs are more than covered by the TEAMS earnings for a sport like football or mens basketball. If they weren't, coaches wouldn't make millions.
It's all how you look at the accounting.

The athletic department has its own budget and its own CFO. Every student athlete owes the school $X each semester, depending which academic program they're in and where they reside (in-state, reciprocity, or out-state tuition rates). The athletic dept pays that bill, to some degree, if the athlete has some amount of scholarship.

The athletic dept pays the school to stock, staff, and run the athlete's village dining center. I guarantee you, every last cent is tracked and accounted for. And so on.

If you divide 3 million dollars by 85 scholarships and 85 women’s scholarships due to title 9 you get about 17,000 per

but you haven’t paid benefits yet and you haven’t paid coaches yet.

if you treated college athletes like employees there isn’t enough money to pay them all minimum wage plus benefits for the hours they put in.

Programs would fold and others would drop to d3. If d1 athletes are employees so are d2 athletes. D2 would cease from existing.

That’s fine if that’s what you want to do.

compensation for athletes will come from 3rd party advertisers I would guess. Over half the athletic departments in the country would need to be blown up if it is deemed athletes are employees

The athletic department pays the U full tuition. They pay the cost of residence and other costs related to liability and medical expenses as well as disability if it applies. In the end, you the athlete can choose to get a degree or not. Then at the end of the day, the athletic department contributes profits if any to the general fund.

Then at the end of the day, the athletic department contributes profits if any to the general fund.
Haha, "profits".

No. The athletic dept spends every last red cent it takes in. On purpose. Most all of them do. Why give away money, when you can use it to help you win in some way? Bigger recruiting budget. New facilities. Larger coaching salary. Etc.

Ding ding ding
Precisely!!

Small high school in Alabama(graduates 125) is paying their HC $185,000and their DC $145,000. No teaching, just coaching. I would say ALL coaching salaries are out of wack.

Small high school in Alabama(graduates 125) is paying their HC $185,000and their DC $145,000. No teaching, just coaching. I would say ALL coaching salaries are out of wack.
And average teacher pay there is $30,000.

Playing football at West Canaan may have been the opportunity of your lifetime!!!! .... But I don't want your life!!!!

Hi Pete, please give up the proof of this statement.

According to the Mobile Press Register Gulf Shores high school just hired Mark Hudspeth as its new head football coach. He has been head coach at several different colleges - Austin Peay, Louisiana-Lafayette , interim head coach at Illinois and most recently assistant head coach at Mississippi State before Leach. The DC is Vic Koenning, most recently DC at West Virginia before being released because of player conflicts. Interestingly, WV is still paying him over $500,000 because of the way he was fired. I see in today’s paper, Kenny Edenfield has also been hired. Previously OC at Troy University also at North Alabama.

According to the Mobile Press Register Gulf Shores high school just hired Mark Hudspeth as its new head football coach. He has been head coach at several different colleges - Austin Peay, Louisiana-Lafayette , interim head coach at Illinois and most recently assistant head coach at Mississippi State before Leach. The DC is Vic Koenning, most recently DC at West Virginia before being released because of player conflicts. Interestingly, WV is still paying him over $500,000 because of the way he was fired. I see in today’s paper, Kenny Edenfield has also been hired. Previously OC at Troy University also at North Alabama.
link to article?

Last edited:

Who hell remembers links? Since I just turned 85, I have a hard time remembering to lift the lid when use the bathroom. I guess you will have to find it yourself. Sorry

Who hell remembers links? Since I just turned 85, I have a hard time remembering to lift the lid when use the bathroom. I guess you will have to find it yourself. Sorry
I'll be honest, I'm generally not a fan of your posts but this one is pretty funny.

Nobody is forcing players onto these college rosters, yet these rosters are full. It should stay as it is. If you get too big for your britches and your feelings get hurt that your worth so much more, then move along and let someone that wants it take your spot. If free college opportunity with your ass kissed for 4 years isn’t enough for you, move along. No one is taking advantage of anything, if you don’t want to play college football or you’ve ‘blown up’, move along, lots of folks to take your spot.

The Players you say you are fighting for are already gone. How many guys on the gopher roster you going to pay? Not many, it’s the team that has the marketing value, not the players. The gopher name will always be much more valuable than any player, and if you dont think so, it’s time for that player to move along.

Last edited:

Nobody is forcing players onto these college rosters, yet these rosters are full. It should stay as it is. If you get too big for your britches and your feelings get hurt that your worth so much more, then move along and let someone that wants it take your spot. If free college opportunity with your ass kissed for 4 years isn’t enough for you, move along. No one is taking advantage of anything, if you don’t want to play college football or you’ve ‘blown up’, move along, lots of folks to take your spot.

The Players you say you are fighting for are already gone. How many guys on the gopher roster you going to pay? Not many, it’s the team that has the marketing value, not the players. The gopher name will always be much more valuable than any player, and if you dont think so, it’s time for that player to move along.

Why did you reply to me with this? Not one thing you wrote has any relation to what I wrote.

Top Bottom