Indiana (2022-23)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Here's the change Sara Scalia could bring to IU:

After maintaining very similar — if not almost identical — starting lineups for the past two seasons, Indiana women’s basketball now has a plethora of possibilities for its starting five heading into the 2022-23 season. Beyond a strong freshmen class, the Hoosiers will also be equipped with three experienced transfers.

Sydney Parrish, Sara Scalia and Alyssa Geary are all joining Indiana with at least two years of NCAA experience. All three could be starters for Indiana, and all have the potential to bring some big changes.

It’s worth noting some other recent transfers who have brought historic accomplishments to the program include Ali Patberg and Nicole Cardaño-Hillary. By the end of their Hoosier careers, both were consistent starters and some of the most influential players in program history.
[...]
Sara Scalia – Guard, Minnesota

The biggest household name in NCAA women’s basketball last season was, arguably, Caitlin Clark. Clark consistently made headlines for her 3-point shooting.

But Sara Scalia easily could have, and perhaps should have, been awarded that same amount of recognition. The senior was a massive presence beyond the arc last season at Minnesota, shooting 41.3 percent from downtown for 5th best in the Big Ten. Her 111 made 3-pointers placed her at second in the Big Ten and third overall in the NCAA.

For reference, Clark finished with 91 3-pointers, shooting at a 33.2 percent clip. Scalia and Clark had almost the same amount of attempts from beyond the arc as well, as Scalia had 269 and Clark had 274. Against Indiana in February, Scalia made 7 out of 12 3-pointers and scored a total of 26 points.

Scalia also shot 91.5 percent from the free throw line and averaged 17.9 points and 4.3 rebounds per game last season.

There is no doubt Scalia will add another layer to Indiana’s offense and is set up to be the consistent 3-point shooter the team has been lacking for a while now. The “phenomenal pickup”, according to Teri Moren, is fully expected to be in the starting five. One could say she’ll have a lot to prove, but her track record so far speaks for itself.

Another new player to wear the cream and crimson is Scalia transferring from Minnesota after three seasons with the Golden Gophers. The All-Big Ten Second Team selection left Minnesota holding the program’s best single season free throw percentage of 91.5 percent from the charity stripe.

Scalia led her team in field goals made (203), threes made (111), defensive rebounds (119) and minutes played (1,160). Her run with the Golden Gophers ended with a second round loss in the NIT last season.

“Sara came into the Hall last year and stuck seven threes on us, so we know that she likes this gym, and she's told me that,” Moren said. “We're excited certainly about her firepower. A year ago she was one of the best three-point shooters in the country, so I think she's going to fit in really well, with our ability to find her.”

The Hoosiers need a good three-point shooter after losing four seniors to graduation and shooting a decent 33 percent from beyond the arc last season, which ranked seventh in the conference.

Given her defensive rebound stat, Scalia can also get scrappy on that side of the ball, something that is appealing to a defensive-minded team like Indiana.

“One of the things that we were curious about was how interested she would be in defending because you know that's such a huge part of who we are, and she's been a very interested defender for us, and she's probably been better than what we thought she would be, which is good,” Moren said.

Indiana's Grace Berger:

For those unfamiliar with Berger, her game probably doesn’t stand out as much as that of Division I’s most explosive scorers, but that doesn’t make it any less effective. She plays with remarkable balance and, despite opponents’ best efforts, is very rarely sped up out of her comfort zone.

This manifests in Berger’s mid-range game, which is one of the best in the country. Though she profiles as more of an off-guard, Berger has the ball in her hands often for Indiana, which puts her in pick and rolls frequently (35.1 percent of her possessions, per Synergy Sports) so she can diagnose defenses and make good decisions at her methodical pace of play.

It’s that steadiness and decision-making that makes Berger’s jumpshot so deadly. As a senior, she ranked fourth in the country in total made jumpers from 17 feet or closer to the basket, largely because of how easily she gets to those spots. Berger stands at 6-foot and is often able to shield off smaller defenders with her size, making shots that are typically discouraged by most coaches seem routine. It applies to her drives to the basket as well; even when she doesn’t outright blow by her defender, she still makes it look remarkably easy thanks to her frame and ball handling ability.

“The one thing about Grace, the reason we put the ball in her hands so often is because she elevates,” Moren said of Berger after the Hoosiers star hit a game-winning shot against Princeton in the 2022 NCAA Tournament. “She usually is our best at getting a shot off.”

When Teri Moren was on the set with Mike Hall (and Hoosier players Berger and Holmes) she was asked about Sara Scalia. Moren said something along the lines of being surprised how good Scalia was at facilitating. They'd only seen her as a scorer.

When Teri Moren was on the set with Mike Hall (and Hoosier players Berger and Holmes) she was asked about Sara Scalia. Moren said something along the lines of being surprised how good Scalia was at facilitating. They'd only seen her as a scorer.
No wonder, at a career avg. of ~34 minutes/game she averaged less than 2 assists/game as a guard. That is pretty disappointing for what is typical of a guard. She was a great shooter and good re-bounder but that is where it ended.

No wonder, at a career avg. of ~34 minutes/game she averaged less than 2 assists/game as a guard. That is pretty disappointing for what is typical of a guard. She was a great shooter and good re-bounder but that is where it ended.
She could not defend. Too slow. Always chasing her player from behind... Should be interesting if Moren can finally teach her some defense and if she sits her if she gets beat repeatedly.

She could not defend. Too slow. Always chasing her player from behind... Should be interesting if Moren can finally teach her some defense and if she sits her if she gets beat repeatedly.
Good info!

The bit about Scalia starts at about 28:20. Moren praises her desire to guard and says we didn't get to see how supertalented she really was.

Seems like Scalia is more willing to defend as a Hoosier.

“One of the things that we were curious about was how interested she would be in defending because you know that's such a huge part of who we are, and she's been a very interested defender for us, and she's probably been better than what we thought she would be, which is good,” Moren said.

Moren isn't going to be able to hide Scalia's new found defensive skills. If she does indeed have them then Sara aught to be ashamed of not using it at Minnesota. I believe the Gophers are better off without her.

"Indiana women’s basketball had three members named to national preseason award watch lists for their respective positions this week. Senior guard Sara Scalia, graduate student guard Grace Berger and senior forward Mackenzie Holmes were selected.

Scalia was named to the Ann Meyers Drysdale shooting guard of the year watch list. As a transfer from Minnesota, Scalia is coming off a career-best season with 17.9 points per game and 41.3 percent from three starting all 33 games for the Golden Gophers. Scalia was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team by coaches and media last season."

Moren isn't going to be able to hide Scalia's new found defensive skills. If she does indeed have them then Sara aught to be ashamed of not using it at Minnesota. I believe the Gophers are better off without her.
In defense of Scalia, and I'm admittedly not close enough to either program to know for sure, but when Indiana talks about her defensive skills, what do you suppose their coach is talking about? Is it possible she's not talking about Scalia's physical ability to stay with (in front) other point guards or wings? Or could she be talking about the intangibles that aren't obvious to most of we fans who only see the games? Things like understanding & executing team defensive concepts, communication with teammates and sliding into the right spots for help defense, or just generally to funnel a play in a certain direction. Stuff that most of us could only see if we actually attended practices and watched film with the coaching staff.

I'm just pointing out that a player can be very skilled in those areas, but if the rest of the team isn't, or just isn't willing to play great team defense, everybody can look pretty terrible. A bad defensive scheme (if that's the case) that doesn't fit your personnel can also make everybody look bad.

Case in point. I interviewed a player about 10 years ago after a game and he admitted that the guy he was guarding could beat him off the dribble anytime he wanted in a straight man D situation. Believe me, in watching the game, it was obvious. But he also mentioned that the idea was to try and steer the guy in a certain direction, where the help defense would be there to cut the guy off. After that interview, the coach came in and said the player in question did a great job in executing the defensive game plan and was a key to the win. The point is, to any casual fan, the player looked like he was getting his ass kicked, but in fact, he understood and executed team defensive concepts. Luckily for everybody, the rest of the team was also well-schooled and talented in that way. I'm not sure that was the case with the Gophers on defense last season.

This isn't to claim that Scalia will be an all-defensive player or even anything more than serviceable, but, considering that last year she was asked to basically be a point guard, initiate the offense and then be the one scoring on a bad basketball team, I hate to question her attitude. Yeah, she and the rest of the Gophers were frustrating defensively last season, but in Scalia's case, I can't make myself believe that she was just being lazy.

Good conversation. Good questions. Good points. Here are some items.

-Sara Scalia had 23 steals last season compared to 49 for Deja Winters, 31 for Diva Hubbard, 117 for Veronica Burton of Northwestern, and 72 for Nicole Cardano-Hillary of Indiana.

-The shooting guard ideally is a top ball stealing position while defending the other team's shooting guard, for reference.

-Mara Braun projects to be an upgrade at that. She was ball stealer in high school and youth sports. In exhibition play she had 3 steals. Mara Braun also has the defensive game of a combo guard (point guard field general-ready).

Conclusion: Braun will be an upgrade overall with experience. It will be interesting to see how close Braun gets to the electric Scalia in 3-pointer scoring.

Good conversation. Good questions. Good points. Here are some items.

-Sara Scalia had 23 steals last season compared to 49 for Deja Winters, 31 for Diva Hubbard, 117 for Veronica Burton of Northwestern, and 72 for Nicole Cardano-Hillary of Indiana.

-The shooting guard ideally is a top ball stealing position while defending the other team's shooting guard, for reference.

-Mara Braun projects to be an upgrade at that. She was ball stealer in high school and youth sports. In exhibition play she had 3 steals. Mara Braun also has the defensive game of a combo guard (point guard field general-ready).

Conclusion: Braun will be an upgrade overall with experience. It will be interesting to see how close Braun gets to the electric Scalia in 3-pointer scoring.
Steals are rarely on the ball 1 on 1 steal, they are more likely to come from a great defensive team scheme. Before we get to excited, don't lose sight we gave up 60 points to River falls team that will be below .500 in division 3.
Chico gopher was spot on with his analysis.
Lets face it, losing Scalia won't hurt much from W's & L's - she gave the barn some exciting games, but this is a rebuilding team for the next 2 years minimum. Whalen's best chance to win was in yr 2 with Pitts, Bello, Brunson and an emerging Freshman Scalia.

The lack of playing time for Oberg(and not starting) and Rose still foul prone is going to be interesting up front. The opportunity to get some W's is through a soft non conf schedule, it will be hard to get a win in conf play (depending Rutgers situation and maybe IL. Wi will be middle of the pack, PN state will be better.)

Steals are rarely on the ball 1 on 1 steal, they are more likely to come from a great defensive team scheme.
I would agree but if you can get multiple 1:1 steals that is a pretty good sign too.

Before we get to excited, don't lose sight we gave up 60 points to River falls team that will be below .500 in division 3.
They were 1 game under .500 last year they could be worse but they could be better too.

Chico gopher was spot on with his analysis.
Lets face it, losing Scalia won't hurt much from W's & L's - she gave the barn some exciting games,
I'm not confident of this, but I suspect you are right.

but this is a rebuilding team for the next 2 years minimum. Whalen's best chance to win was in yr 2 with Pitts, Bello, Brunson and an emerging Freshman Scalia.
Meh

The lack of playing time for Oberg(and not starting) and Rose still foul prone is going to be interesting up front.
I agree this could be the most important area for us to improve this year. I am worried that Oberg isn't bought in after watching the scrimmage and I will feel better about Rose after I see her in D1 games. Still worried she might panic and get sped up & out of control under the basket. She did get in foul trouble again but one of them was egregiously bad call. This is still a concern to me but overall I thought she looked sharper and more confident.

The opportunity to get some W's is through a soft non conf schedule,
sure
it will be hard to get a win in conf play (depending Rutgers situation and maybe IL. Wi will be middle of the pack, PN state will be better.)
In my opinion it has always been hard to get a win in conference play unless you are a top 3 or 4 team. If they take any team for granted they won't win any but the same could be said of at least half the teams in the conference. I expect Penn. St. to be better but I have a hard time imagining Wi improving that much to middle of the pack.

Rage Reviews: The Mirage tournament in Vegas. Indiana loses Grace Berger to injury.

The basketball setup at the Mirage in Las Vegas wasn’t popular with Indiana fans.

But the hotel ballroom with a basketball court and a couple hundred chairs served Mackenzie Holmes very well.

The senior center scored 27 points on Saturday evening as the Hoosiers defeated Memphis 79-64 at the Las Vegas Invitational.

“Mack is really good,” IU coach Teri Moren said of Holmes on Saturday evening. “She has great footwork, she has great hands. I think she’s feeling like the old Mack before last year when she injured her knee. I think it’s a combination of her stamina, and she’s finally feeling healthy.”

Indiana used a 30-point second quarter to build a double-digit lead at halftime. Memphis never got closer than nine after the break.

The Hoosiers played without starting guard Grace Berger, who was injured last night in a win over Auburn. In her absence, Sydney Parrish started and scored 10 points and grabbed a team high seven rebounds. Yarden Garzon had 17 points, six rebounds and four assists, Sara Scalia had 16 points and six rebounds, and Chloe Moore-Mcneil had seven points and a team and career high nine assists.

IU shot 50.8 percent from the field and committed just nine turnovers. They limited Memphis to just 34.3 percent from the field.

Holmes scored 53 points over IU’s two games at the event, and she made 22-of-25 shots (88 percent) from the field.

Moren said she didn’t know specifics on Berger’s injury, but expressed some optimism that it won’t be season ending. Berger will have an MRI in Indiana on Sunday.

“Now we’ve gotta go back to Indiana, regroup, figure out when we’re going to get Grace Berger back, and play North Carolina,” Moren said

You may not know it because the games were broadcast behind a pricey paywall, but I’m here to confirm that Indiana women’s basketball did, in fact, compete in the Las Vegas Invitational over the weekend. But if you’re expecting an in-depth analysis of the Hoosiers’ pair of wins, I’m afraid you’ll find none of that here.

As much as I would love to talk about senior forward Mackenzie Holmes’ dazzling back-to-back scoring outbursts, freshman guard Yarden Garzon’s continued emergence or senior guard Sara Scalia’s flamethrowing three-point explosion, there’s a much more pressing issue at hand. If you have yet to stumble across the abhorrent setting of the tournament, here’s a visual.

Let that sink in.

A top-10 team in the country playing against legit national competition in a converted ballroom in the basement of a hotel. Before the inevitable whataboutisms arise in attempt to rationalize the blatant disrespect to the teams involved, context is key.

In the lovely image above, we see fans seated in folding chairs, the bulk of which are craning their necks to grab a peek at the action. We have the cheap, seemingly recreational level scoreboard which coach Teri Moren admitted caused problems throughout the game. And the cherry on top, we have the utterly vomitous carpet that encapsulates the oddity of the venue.

[Related: Indiana women’s basketball defeats Auburn in a hotel ballroom despite Grace Berger’s injury]

The Battle 4 Atlantis, a men’s basketball tournament that also is housed in a hotel ballroom, at the very least provides bleachers for spectators. If we absolutely must hold basketball games where drunken couples normally dance away their bad luck on the slot machines, can we at least provide some decent viewing areas?

Joking aside, the Las Vegas Invitational was a slap in the face to every team that signed up. According to Stadium basketball analyst Jeff Goodman, and confirmed by Moren, no one actually knew what they were getting into. Bryce McKey, the organizer of the tournament, allegedly promised a starkly different environment for the games.

Huh, maybe there’s a reason the games were virtually hidden from the public. I’m sure I could go on for hours about the bizarre nature of the tournament, but the central theme is that Indiana and other participating teams deserved so much better.

These are programs that put in an unfathomable amount of work on a daily basis, both physically and mentally. Frankly, I find forcing them to be relegated to the depths of The Mirage hotel pretty pathetic.

Auburn University received the brunt of the complete organizational disaster. In the Tigers’ win over Colorado State Saturday night, Auburn freshman forward Kharyssa Richardson went down late in the game with an upper body injury.

Richardson, who thankfully maintained consciousness throughout the ordeal according to Auburn Rivals reporter Caleb Jones, lied helplessly on the court for 45 minutes. Nearly one hour passed before paramedics arrived. It took so long for Richardson to receive medical attention that both teams were sent into their respective locker rooms. I truly cannot emphasize enough how much of a failure this operation was for those in charge, and how much more grave this could have been.

And in the cruel world we live in, when it rains it pours. As much as the Hoosiers would have liked to quietly handle business and return home to Bloomington, Moren and the team now have to deal with the absence of graduate guard Grace Berger, who suffered a knee injury early in Friday’s game.

Her timeline to return is murky at the moment, but judging from Moren’s somber and tear-filled post-game presser, the outlook feels bleak. Her teammates were able to pick up the pieces and rally for victories over Auburn and the University of Memphis, but the loss is obviously monumental for a team that has high aspirations for March. It’s a shame that the embarrassment overshadowed the tournament’s actual play because Indiana put together two spectacular outings without its captain and offensive engine.

Whether the NCAA played a major hand in the operation or not, there needs to be accountability. Despite the rapid growth of women’s athletics around the country, the “Las Vegas Invitational” served as yet another blemish in a long line of disrespect toward female athletes

Grace Berger's injury and a look inside the Mirage. Teri Moren says Berger is day to day.

In defense of Scalia, and I'm admittedly not close enough to either program to know for sure, but when Indiana talks about her defensive skills, what do you suppose their coach is talking about? Is it possible she's not talking about Scalia's physical ability to stay with (in front) other point guards or wings? Or could she be talking about the intangibles that aren't obvious to most of we fans who only see the games? Things like understanding & executing team defensive concepts, communication with teammates and sliding into the right spots for help defense, or just generally to funnel a play in a certain direction. Stuff that most of us could only see if we actually attended practices and watched film with the coaching staff.

I'm just pointing out that a player can be very skilled in those areas, but if the rest of the team isn't, or just isn't willing to play great team defense, everybody can look pretty terrible. A bad defensive scheme (if that's the case) that doesn't fit your personnel can also make everybody look bad.

Case in point. I interviewed a player about 10 years ago after a game and he admitted that the guy he was guarding could beat him off the dribble anytime he wanted in a straight man D situation. Believe me, in watching the game, it was obvious. But he also mentioned that the idea was to try and steer the guy in a certain direction, where the help defense would be there to cut the guy off. After that interview, the coach came in and said the player in question did a great job in executing the defensive game plan and was a key to the win. The point is, to any casual fan, the player looked like he was getting his ass kicked, but in fact, he understood and executed team defensive concepts. Luckily for everybody, the rest of the team was also well-schooled and talented in that way. I'm not sure that was the case with the Gophers on defense last season.

This isn't to claim that Scalia will be an all-defensive player or even anything more than serviceable, but, considering that last year she was asked to basically be a point guard, initiate the offense and then be the one scoring on a bad basketball team, I hate to question her attitude. Yeah, she and the rest of the Gophers were frustrating defensively last season, but in Scalia's case, I can't make myself believe that she was just being lazy.
"Case in point. I interviewed a player about 10 years ago after a game and he admitted that the guy he was guarding could beat him off the dribble anytime he wanted in a straight man D situation. Believe me, in watching the game, it was obvious."

Sara could, or would, not guard anyone one on one. She never could stop any dribble drive into the paint, which would essentially break the defense down as either the help came and an open 3 pointer resulted from a pass out, or the help defense (think Sadoko -spelling?) would get a foul trying to stop the drive to the bucket. This happened over and over, not just against the better dribble drivers. Fact is, she was never asked to guard the best offensive perimeter player. There never appeared to make an effort to get better. The current group all have better bases and effort in defending the dribble drive. As a side note, it isn't about garnering steals, as positive as that can be, but just doing your job at the top of the defense or wing in defending the dribble drive. Nothing breaks a team defense more than letting the ball get into the paint, either by dribble drive or by pass. Everything breaks down from there and the defense is in scramble mode. I always wanted Sara to stay here and break scoring records, maybe even get herself a banner, but she was a team defense wreaker. I hope she has a good season shooting - she is amazing. But more importantly I hope she becomes a better defender this year, just not against the Gophers.

Indiana women's basketball star Grace Berger will miss Thursday's top-10 matchup against North Carolina and is considered "day-to-day" after injuring her right knee this past weekend, coach Teri Moren said Wednesday.

Earlier this week, Moren described Berger as "out indefinitely" as well as "day-to-day." She was set to undergo an MRI on Sunday upon returning to Bloomington.

Berger, a 6-foot senior guard, was an honorable mention All-American last season and is a three-time All-Big Ten first-team selection. She averaged 10.3 points, 4.8 assists and 5.0 rebounds in 24.2 minutes per game to start the season.

Mackenzie Holmes (20.0 PPG) leads the Hoosiers in scoring to start the year, followed by Minnesota transfer Sara Scalia (13.3 PPG) and freshman Yarden Garzon (12.9 PPG).

Rochester's Lilly Meister:

Feb. 3—BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Being an important part of a 21-1 team that's ranked fourth in the country and having her ears ring during games.

It's all been more than Rochester John Marshall graduate and star basketball player Lilly Meister could have imagined.

Meister is a 6-foot-3 freshman reserve center on that Indiana University team.

"I can't even describe what it's been like," Meister said. "But this is the reason that I came here. The other day, we had a record-high attendance here for women's basketball. That's crazy. There was a point in the game where I couldn't even hear, it was so loud. It gave me chills. It was surreal."

That Meister is making an impact on the Hoosiers isn't surreal. The two-time All-State player at JM was the 87th-ranked senior in the country a year ago when she led her team to the Section 1AAAA championship game and a 21-8 record.

Meister was a do-it-all player for the Rockets as well as the Post Bulletin's Girls Basketball Player of the Year a season ago after averaging 22.3 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

Meister had her choice of colleges. But she was drawn to Hoosiers head coach Teri Moren and her powerhouse program. Including this season, Indiana has won 20 or more games five straight years under Moren.

Meister says it's Moren's way of capturing everyone's best by making sure they feel cared for and appreciated that makes her special.

"Teri, she loves us and treats us all like family," Meister said. "When you're with a group as often as we are in college athletics — with them every day — it is so important to have someone like Teri who supports us. She tells us if we are doing a good job and gets on us when we need to do better. She does it well."

Moren's support for Meister is obvious. A prime example came following a Jan. 26 win over top-five ranked Ohio State. Meister, who plays behind All-Big Ten center and honorable-mention All-American Mackenzie Holmes, saw just 5 minutes of action that game, 1 minute fewer than she is averaging this season. The 6-3 center finished with five big rebounds, two points and provided her usual solid defense. For the season, Meister averages 2.5 points and 2.1 rebounds and shoots 58% from the field.

Moren concluded her post-game press conference offering raves about Meister.

"I've loved everything about (Meister)," Moren said. "She knows her role and she stars in that role. Lilly knows that she doesn't have to score a basket to impact this game. What she has to do is guard well on the low block, be in our defensive rotations, needs to rebound and play hard every possession.

"It's been great to watch her impact the game and watch her confidence grow as well. She's been playing meaningful minutes for us. When her number is called, it's not just to spell (Holmes). It's to do a job and she's been doing that great for us."

As crucial as Moren has been to Meister's development and contentment at Indiana, so has been Indiana's biggest star, Holmes.

Holmes often leaves Meister in awe with both her basketball abilities and leadership. The 6-3 senior is averaging 22 points and eight rebounds while shooting a blistering 68% from the field.

"Mackenzie is amazing, and getting to practice with her and learn from her is insane," Meister said. "She makes everything. She is so good. She inspires me because she tells me that I'm in the same place (in ability and progress) as she was as a freshman. She tells me I'm going in the right direction. Being around someone like her who is so good on and off the court is great. Mackenzie is one of the nicest people around. She is a really good encourager."

Though Meister admits to having had some down times this season, when her basketball confidence has dipped, she's on a high ebb right now.

She sees herself improving daily, which is her constant goal. She also sees the same thing with her team.

The Hoosiers' only loss came Dec. 29, when they fell to Michigan State. Among their 21 wins was an 87-63 toppling of No. 11-ranked University of North Carolina and its Rochester star, Lourdes graduate Alyssa Ustby. That has been among six Indiana wins over top-25 teams.

On Wednesday, the Hoosiers swallowed struggling Minnesota in a homecoming for Meister, the game played in Minneapolis.

All of that winning has just bred an appetite for more of the same.

Meister and the rest of these Hoosiers have big aspirations.

"We're seeking championships," Meister said. "We want to win the Big Ten. We want to get to the Final Four. Our eyes are set on some big things."

Teri Moren is AP Coach of the Year

It was a season full of historic accomplishments for IU women’s basketball.

And the program’s leader was recognized for it all by the national media on Thursday afternoon.

IU head coach Teri Moren has been named the Associated Press National Coach of the Year, Indiana announced. Moren received the award in a ceremony at American Airlines Arena in Dallas on Thursday. She is the first IU women’s coach to earn that honor.

In her ninth season at the helm, Moren led the IU women’s squad to numerous program firsts and record setting numbers during the 2022-23 campaign

Top Bottom