In this millennium

Well, I could make the argument that these are the kinds of games that Fleck was hired to win.

beating Purdue or Northwestern is fine.

But Iowa and Wisconsin are the white whales of Gopher Football, and whichever coach has been playing the role of Captain Ahab has - far too often - wound up in the whale's belly.

if Fleck is truly going to make Gopher football different - as in better - he has to put some trophies in the trophy case. And I mean the traditional trophies - the Pig, the Axe and the Jug. The Bell is not the same in terms of tradition. And the Broken Chair is cute, but not an 'official' trophy.

Well, I could make the argument that these are the kinds of games that Fleck was hired to win.

beating Purdue or Northwestern is fine.

But Iowa and Wisconsin are the white whales of Gopher Football, and whichever coach has been playing the role of Captain Ahab has - far too often - wound up in the whale's belly.

if Fleck is truly going to make Gopher football different - as in better - he has to put some trophies in the trophy case. And I mean the traditional trophies - the Pig, the Axe and the Jug. The Bell is not the same in terms of tradition. And the Broken Chair is cute, but not an 'official' trophy.
Well said SON and I love your anaolgies!

The gophers have not won in Iowa city.

If we lose should we fire the coach?

By the way we win tomorrow

If I understand your question, it goes something like this:

The Gophers have not won in Iowa City "in this millennium" — therefore, if we lose tomorrow, should we fire the coach?

Hmmmm...

I have a question for you:
How many games has Fleck coached in Iowa City "in this millennium"?

Last edited:

Top Bottom