Impressed by your Gophers, Part 2

Justinc882

Reaction score
God what a game. MSU should have lost that game we didn't defend well, couldn't shoot, and seemed to not care for most of that game. Luckily our stars came out to play. This is a great win over a very very good Minnesota team. Really glad we got our games with you out of the way early this year. I honestly think the better team lost today. Good luck the rest of the year.

Actually, we're not that good. We've essentially played ourselves out of the NCAAs at this point. But thanks for the kind words.

No need to rub it in. Both teams sukk. But Sparty got gift in that three of Gophers top players are out--Nolen, Royce and Mbakwe.

God what a game. MSU should have lost that game we didn't defend well, couldn't shoot, and seemed to not care for most of that game. Luckily our stars came out to play. This is a great win over a very very good Minnesota team. Really glad we got our games with you out of the way early this year. I honestly think the better team lost today. Good luck the rest of the year.

I would strongly debate that point - 11 made 3 pointers and I can't think of one that wasn't well contested.

Minnesota is not a very good team, not even a good team. If they were good they'd win games like this. We were up the entire game until the very end, typical Minnesota sports. I thought Tubby would change that culture, but it's still very prevalent. NIT bound for sure

Hopefully we get Nolen, Royce, and Mbakwe next year and start over

what Justinc882 is actually saying is thank you Gopher's for the 2nd half collapse. He is just being poetic and doesn't want to step on any toes.

"Couldn't shoot" - you're actually serious? How many 3's did MSU miss in the second half? One? MSU won this game with absolutely unbelievable shooting and good D the last 5 minutes.

"Couldn't shoot" - you're actually serious? How many 3's did MSU miss in the second half? One? MSU won this game with absolutely unbelievable shooting and good D the last 5 minutes.

You're right, I guess watching the game I didn't think we were shooting that well until I saw the box score and saw we had shot better than I expected especially from 3. And btw I didn't mean my comments as a back handed slap at all, I like Tubby and Minnesota as a team. I do think the Gophers are a good team that made some mistakes down the stretch that MSU was able to capitalize on.

Actually, I think we played a bit better overall than expected by most of our fans including myself considering that we did not have any outrageous advantage on calls. We got out-rebounded, but the margin was tolerable. We shot alright. But, since we did not have a proven inside scorer and/or a reliable slasher, we had a problem of holding onto the lead while managing the clock. MSU did what was necessary to win given the situation. A loss is a loss, so it is hard to swallow. The manner we lost makes it tougher. But...

Top Bottom