Im watching the dan patrick show

lakesgopher

Reaction score
And tony dungy is talking and wearing an Oregon jacket or shirt? This may seem petty but why can't he support the U if he is going to rock college sports wear? I'm wondering if other "legends" jump ship from their alma mater the way ours appear to do so?

Uh his kid plays for the Oregon Ducks

And tony dungy is talking and wearing an Oregon jacket or shirt? This may seem petty but why can't he support the U if he is going to rock college sports wear? I'm wondering if other "legends" jump ship from their alma mater the way ours appear to do so?

He has a son that plays for the Ducks, it is easier to root for blood and from the heart than your alma mater.
Really I don't think he is that connected to the U even though he say's he had a good experience here as a player. Everyone always brings his name up but he hasn't lived here in a long time, and hasn't really had much of a connection with Gopher athletics. I have thought of him as a Pro coach for a long time and with his work at NBC, living on the West coast, I doubt it has been a long time since he has attended a Gopher game. Let's just say we can claim him but I doubt he claims us that much. If we were winning he would be like everyone else rocking the U gear.

It's great that he played at the U and all, but he does nothing to show support of the football program or the University of MN. At least not publicly. He certainly has every right to do that, but I've always wondered why so many people act like he's such a big spokesperson for the university.

It's great that he played at the U and all, but he does nothing to show support of the football program or the University of MN. At least not publicly. He certainly has every right to do that, but I've always wondered why so many people act like he's such a big spokesperson for the university.

Amen to that.

Tony was a big advocate for the new stadium. I remember him speaking on the Capital steps the years the vote was cast in favor of the new stadium. Yes it would be nice if all the alum would do more, but it's not like he has never spoken in favor of the U.

Dungy's book Uncommon was/is the theme for this year's team. Dungy came and spoke to the team in the spring. The team was assigned to read it. Kill and the staff defined what common was compared to uncommon in terms of Spring Ball, the dead time, summer drills, fall camp, etc.

dlwrgophers is right about his stadium influence too. I think he's done quite a bit.

You've got NFL guys mentioning HS and fictitious schools (see Jared Allen's _____ School of Culinary) when introduced on primetime games. Dungy doesn't look too bad...huh?

The worst has been Bud Grant ( and we even honored the prick at halftime, what, last year?)
I knew former ass't AD Tom Greenhoe who worked under Giel. Paul tried to get Grant involved in the football program on several different venues and he denied. Greenhoe, to his knowledge said Grant never gave one dime to the U.

Top Bottom