I'm very proud of this team!

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
I thought I'd take the time and post a positive thread about our guys. They played hard, they hustled, they fought for loose balls, rebounds, and everything in between. The coaching staff definitely had the team prepared. It hurts to lose this game, but in the big scheme of things, if this team can carry this over for next year along with Trevor, I think the sky's the limit.

I thought I'd take the time and post a positive thread about our guys. They played hard, they hustled, they fought for loose balls, rebounds, and everything in between. The coaching staff definitely had the team prepared. It hurts to lose this game, but in the big scheme of things, if this team can carry this over for next year along with Trevor, I think the sky's the limit.

Exactly right. Lots to be hopeful for now.

Yes!

Absolutely proud of them.

I hate to say it, but I loved seeing EE get the playing time that Ralph normally gets. His energy, hustle, and competitive spirit are contagious. Just love the way the kid plays. We started three freshmen, a soph, and a junior...and should have won the game.

Keep this core of kids together and they will do some good things next year.

I completely agree.... starting lineup next year of Dre, Austin, Rodney, Trevor, and EE sounds like a very good team with great hustle.

Absolutely proud of them.

I hate to say it, but I loved seeing EE get the playing time that Ralph normally gets. His energy, hustle, and competitive spirit are contagious. Just love the way the kid plays. We started three freshmen, a soph, and a junior...and should have won the game.

Keep this core of kids together and they will do some good things next year.

+1

How dare you!!!

I really liked what I saw of EE and Dre the last 2-3 games. They are definitely the core of the the next two or three years. My biggest concern going forward is the perimeter ball-handling.

Agreed. It sucked blowing another lead..but this team seems different after Dre took the reigns. And lets not pretend he was ready earlier..he took them when he reached up and took them..so its not as if he would have been playing like this from day 1. Back to the point.. with Dre playing big minutes and EE logging more and more time, throw in Austin and his nice jumper in clutch situations.. I think we have something. Actually Rodney coming back is probably the key for this team. He improved a lot this year and if he can take the next step.. next years team will be the Dre and Rodney show. Add some rebounding and junk points from EE and Walker and we have something special.

For once I feel good about our prospects after a loss.. we'll see.

Maybe there will be a town hall meeting, with the new AD taking a vote on Tubby's job. After the initial votes are cast and people calling for his head, Tyus walks in from the back. Asks to have the floor and announces he thinks its about time he commits to the U. GW stands up and says, "see, its because we got rid of him..pointing at Tubby".. but then Tyus says one more thing.."I'll come play on one condition...Coach stays, I play. Coach goes, I go" Moonlight stands up and demands a re-vote.. the rest is Gopher history...

Agreed. It sucked blowing another lead..but this team seems different after Dre took the reigns. And lets not pretend he was ready earlier..he took them when he reached up and took them..so its not as if he would have been playing like this from day 1. Back to the point.. with Dre playing big minutes and EE logging more and more time, throw in Austin and his nice jumper in clutch situations.. I think we have something. Actually Rodney coming back is probably the key for this team. He improved a lot this year and if he can take the next step.. next years team will be the Dre and Rodney show. Add some rebounding and junk points from EE and Walker and we have something special.

For once I feel good about our prospects after a loss.. we'll see.

Maybe there will be a town hall meeting, with the new AD taking a vote on Tubby's job. After the initial votes are cast and people calling for his head, Tyus walks in from the back. Asks to have the floor and announces he thinks its about time he commits to the U. GW stands up and says, "see, its because we got rid of him..pointing at Tubby".. but then Tyus says one more thing.."I'll come play on one condition...Coach stays, I play. Coach goes, I go" Moonlight stands up and demands a re-vote.. the rest is Gopher history...

Ha! Good one Rouser. (I just watched that movie the other day.....again) I'm looking forward to next year. Excited about Williams, Hollinsx2, EE, getting Walker back. Hoping coach Smith uses Andre simliar to how Michigan uses Burke. I think Andre and EE can learn to run that pick and roll. It'll push up EE's scoring numbers for certain. I'm seeing a 10-8, going to the tourney next year and getting a win in it.

Agree... to many people on this board are negative. So we didn't do as well as all of us would have liked. We are a young team and if you watched the last 2 games it seemed like we found a leader in Dre. So hopefully we make the NIT and get to watch these guys for a few more games. Go Gophers

Agree... to many people on this board are negative. So we didn't do as well as all of us would have liked. We are a young team and if you watched the last 2 games it seemed like we found a leader in Dre. So hopefully we make the NIT and get to watch these guys for a few more games. Go Gophers
Count me in on that.

Ha! Good one Rouser. (I just watched that movie the other day.....again) I'm looking forward to next year. Excited about Williams, Hollinsx2, EE, getting Walker back. Hoping coach Smith uses Andre simliar to how Michigan uses Burke. I think Andre and EE can learn to run that pick and roll. It'll push up EE's scoring numbers for certain. I'm seeing a 10-8, going to the tourney next year and getting a win in it.

Same way I see it. Agree need to get EE more looks. Believe EE is a double-double waiting to happen. Junior year?

Agreed with everything that has been said! As frustrating as portions of this season have been, there are a lot of things to be excited about! The fact that we have several freshman (Dre, EE, Coleman, Oto), a few sophomores (Chip, Austin, big Mo), Welch, and hopefully Rodney/Trevor coming back--well, that bodes well for next season. If all of them can contribute next season, Tubby can do his line changes all he wants, because we'll have a bench that goes 5 quality guys deep. In terms of the starting lineup I would love to see, I would go with Dre, Austin, Williams (if he can improve his jumper), Mbakwe, and either EE or Mo. Regardless, we'll have quality starters and quality bench guys. It'll also be interesting to see how the incoming recruits fit into that picture.

Hoping that the Gophers are NIT bound! I think they could make a lot of noise in that tournament. Go Gophs!

OMG ALL OF THESE THREADS ABOUT LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR, POINTING OUT THE POSITIVES, AND NOT SAYING FIRE TUBBY! YOU GUYS ARE ALL TUBBY APOLOGISTS AND ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY! FIRE TUBBY! HIRE FLIP! GLEN MASON FOR AD!

/sarcasm

OMG lets be negative and cry about the coach and AD...

Settle down, little fella.

The bashers are always loud. The supporters are the silent majority, laughing at the dumazzes who constantly whine, cry, bitch, moan.

Dr Don, the "silent" Majority as you call it are the only ones showing up to watch this pathetic program flounder. Why do you think the Barn is empty, quiet, and so tomb like? Get a clue my friend. Apathy runs deep in Gopher land. It is especially poor when for 2 years ina row we are on the Bubble for the NIT. We need to expect more and hold our "leaders" accountable. We need more people who give a rats ass about this program enough to be vocal and expect more than mediocrity. The majority is in a state of Apathy.......

Dre Hollin's performances the past couple of games has been a breath of fresh air. He in particular has given me hope for the future. We've had more than our fair share of adversity. It's time to begin a new era. I'm looking forward to next year. I think the pieces are beginning to come together.

Yeah right now we are on the bubble for a NIT birth... On the other hand we have a young team and hopefully everyone comes back. So settling for medicority right now, yes.... But how can you not be excited for the future?

i think i would rather go andre, austin, coleman, rodney, mbakwe

Andre, Welch, Austin, Rodney, Mbakwe/EE/Walker. Not that it really matters that much who starts, but Welch will most definitely get a lot of minutes. He was our most consistent shooter all year. He's more suited at the #2, but could slide over to the point when Andre needs a break.

Top Bottom