I'm so sorry guys

Agree 150 %. I've never seen Coach Fleck *NOT* be what I would refer to as extraordinarily complimentary of the opposing team, staff and program after any win or loss.... and I watch every presser.
I didn't see the post Purdue press conference. If Fleck has a lack of respect for a coach, I'm guessing that'd be the one. The ones I've seen though, yes, he goes out of his way to give compliments.

I didn't see the post Purdue press conference. If Fleck has a lack of respect for a coach, I'm guessing that'd be the one. The ones I've seen though, yes, he goes out of his way to give compliments.

I recall the Purdue post game presser... A low budget affair due to poor accommodations at their stadium. PJ was gracious to the opposition as always. Multiple compliments on their team, explosiveness, recruiting. No mention of Brohm by name.

Really? You don’t think he’s a good coach?
He’s an average coach. He maintains where the school is at. No doubt in my mind he would of been fired from Pitt by now. 500 guys could coach Wisconsin and stay at that level. Hopefully when king Barry finally retires or peels over they’ll be like today’s Nebraska

He’s an average coach. He maintains where the school is at. No doubt in my mind he would of been fired from Pitt by now. 500 guys could coach Wisconsin and stay at that level. Hopefully when king Barry finally retires or peels over they’ll be like today’s Nebraska
Fair enough. I feel he is a good coach, but to each their own...

I think you're selling him a bit short and I think you are underestimating how easy it is for somebody, even a good coach, to take over an existing program and run it the way that it has been set up and run successfully by somebody else. That job requires a coach who believes in and buys into the existing system and/or who has a small enough ego to agree to keep things running the way that they have been run. If you are a young coach who wants to put their own stamp on the program or someone who wants to innovate, you wouldn't fit. Chryst might not have been able to re-create that at Pitt, but he's a perfect fit for the job at wisconsin.

Fleck doesn't dislike and did not disrespect Chryst - his point was Alvarez was the spark.
Chryst is a good coach - maintaining yes, but having to put in the work to do so, programs don't stay good without effort and capability (otherwise MN would still be a powerhouse).
I hope Iowa and all the B1G teams win their bowl games (good for the conference).
We'll politely kick all your @sses next season :cool:;)

Top Bottom