I'm Renewing Next Year

akgopher

Reaction score
Barring an unforeseen change in my financial situation, I'm renewing. It defies logic considering people will be getting better seats at a 2 for 1 discount on the street, but I've really enjoyed going following the players growth and TCF in the autumn is really nice. But most of all, I'm bullish on the program. I'm also going to have an upgraded location.

I didn't renew my Twins seats because I saw Delmon Young give up on a ball and point to Ben Revere to get it even though he was closer, Joe Mauer refusing to DH and sit despite making $23M while his team needed him, poor conditioning with Francisco Liriano who could be an ace, Kevin Slowey's poor attitude, Danny Valencia is a showboat while being marginal at 3B, and it goes on. I'll still go to at least 5 games, but it will be when it is convenient for me and at a discount or free.

The football team got better and didn't quit. I see Coach Kill becoming a 4-0 or 3-1 non conference coach and a 3-5 to 5-3 conference coach and occasionally laying an egg 2-6 or special 6-2 conference team. I think 6-7 to 10-3 in the Big Ten is a good product. I don't think a program like West Virginia or Pitt could do better in our conference and we could match their records in the Big East. I predict that if Kill stays 10 years he will have us heading to a bowl and maybe conference championship game with a 10-2 record at least once during his tenure.

Good reasoning. I as well am renewing for next year, in addition to about 15 others that I know off the top of my head.

Actually im not too fond of the new target field, unlike many others. I think the new look to their field appears kind of cheap, and only looks nice because it is still brand new. While on the other hand, the bank I can see aging much better, due to its rustic, classic look that will not appear as outdated in 20 years, as I believe target field will.

Us too

As the six of us drove back to Rochester last night, we agreed that we will renew for next year as well. We are also planning on making the road trip to Lincoln next year.

Hey, I'm a 52-year old empty nester.......what else am I gonna do on Saturdays in the Fall?!

As the six of us drove back to Rochester last night, we agreed that we will renew for next year as well. We are also planning on making the road trip to Lincoln next year.

Hey, I'm a 52-year old empty nester.......what else am I gonna do on Saturdays in the Fall?!

My 15 yr. old son would kill me if I didn't renew, he loves Gopher FB and said if the Gophers went 0-12 every year he'd still go to the games. We are already talking about Lincoln as well, never been to a road game and I can't think of a better venue to start doing it. I also heard visiting fans for the most part are treated well down there, anyone hear different?

Why would any true fan not renew when its only getting better.

I definitely want to renew, however, if Maturi's contract is renewed I think there will be a huge backlash in season ticket sales. I will be very tempted NOT to renew to try to send some sort of a message but based solely on the improvement in the team and hope for the future, I probably will stick with my tickets either way. We are planning a cycle trip to Las Vegas for the opener and hopefully Lincoln as well.

I have 4 tickets this year. Will renew 2 of them. Have to save some room in the budget for the extra expense in preferred seating for Hockey.

How pathetic is this thread? I wonder how many other BCS schools have fan sites where their fans discuss whether or not they are going to renew their season tickets? I suppose a lot more than I know but I still find this thread incredibly irritating. This is not pro sports. Unless you are all in with your favorite college football team (win or lose) you are not a real college football fan. Nobody should have to ask another GopherHoler whether or not they are going to renew for the next season.

I'm going to renew. Mainly just so I can sit at home if I choose and have all the "real" college football fans wag their fingers at me.

How pathetic is this thread? I wonder how many other BCS schools have fan sites where their fans discuss whether or not they are going to renew their season tickets? I suppose a lot more than I know but I still find this thread incredibly irritating. This is not pro sports. Unless you are all in with your favorite college football team (win or lose) you are not a real college football fan. Nobody should have to ask another GopherHoler whether or not they are going to renew for the next season.

Everyone is different but there are certainly a lot of finicky (sp) on the fence "fans". Maybe it would work to play one round of Heads-yes; Tails-no when making such a decision.

Gopher football is a part of my make-up and I don't look forward to the day when I am unable to make the 4 hour drive.

Coach Kill and the team is counting on us!

I'm going to renew. Mainly just so I can sit at home if I choose and have all the "real" college football fans wag their fingers at me.

If you renew that is good enough for me. You can burn your tickets in the fireplace for all I care. The only thing you can't do is to not renew your tickets because your favorite college team is not winning enough games.

I have four seats (my original four) and then a hanging 5th seat that is two rows in front of mine. I have five seats because we have three kids. Nobody ever sits in that fifth seat because historically we just cram in the four spaces or there is usually an open one next to us to sit in. The problem is, my kids are now getting to the age where at least one of them has an activity and has to miss the game every weekend. That often takes out my wife too, as she has to stay home and deal with the kid activities. Amazingly, for this year we NEVER had all five us at a game at the same time. Almost without fail, I end up having to sell that separate 5th seat to a scalper for $5-$10. With all that in mind, I am going to let that 5th seat go this year and scale back to my original four. If the stars align and we can actually go as a family next year, I'll just by the cheapest seat I can find from a scalper for #5 on an as-needed basis. I have no plans to let the four go... ever. Just love college football and college football atmosphere too much to miss a home Gopher game.

Renewing 2 of course...however...when discussing with a guest on the way to the game how much season tickets cost for Section 212...Mrs. Billd thought she may have to reconsider her birthday gift to me of "paying for the season tickets"...

To date I'd managed to keep that budget item off the radar...

Looking up the Guthrie tickets for X-mas later today...

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

I will be renewing mine as well this year, but I will not be splitting the cost with a friend of mine because he first tried to sell his tickets to a Nebraska businessman and collect the commission from that, then planning on selling his two seats to a couple Wi fans. I ended up buying back my two seats for both games, and I don't want to deal with that next year.

Next year I plan on having the people I bring pay me 10 dollars a ticket, mandatory tailgating, and providing stuff each week for the tailgate. I spent a lot more money this year tailgating than expected because I was forced to coordinate everything and provide all the meals and beer. I look forward to tailgating with everyone at the fairgrounds again next year, and hopefully join up with JoeDirt and his crew to have a huge tailgate crew every week!

Renewing 2 of course...however...when discussing with a guest on the way to the game how much season tickets cost for Section 212...Mrs. Billd thought she may have to reconsider her birthday gift to me of "paying for the season tickets"...

To date I'd managed to keep that budget item off the radar...

Looking up the Guthrie tickets for X-mas later today...

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!
My school may get some sort of deal, but we went to A Christmas Tale and I think it was $25. That seems cheap to me so we may have gotten a deal. Fantastic production by the way. I love the Guthrie, actually got a behind the scenes tour of it last year.

I have four seats (my original four) and then a hanging 5th seat that is two rows in front of mine. I have five seats because we have three kids. Nobody ever sits in that fifth seat because historically we just cram in the four spaces or there is usually an open one next to us to sit in. The problem is, my kids are now getting to the age where at least one of them has an activity and has to miss the game every weekend. That often takes out my wife too, as she has to stay home and deal with the kid activities. Amazingly, for this year we NEVER had all five us at a game at the same time. Almost without fail, I end up having to sell that separate 5th seat to a scalper for $5-$10. With all that in mind, I am going to let that 5th seat go this year and scale back to my original four. If the stars align and we can actually go as a family next year, I'll just by the cheapest seat I can find from a scalper for #5 on an as-needed basis. I have no plans to let the four go... ever. Just love college football and college football atmosphere too much to miss a home Gopher game.

I see an option there.:)

Will renew my 4 (split 2 and 2 with gopherguy05) without question. There is nothing short of lack of severe financial crunch that would stop me (even then, I'd scrimp and save I'm sure). May look to improve our location, but we really like our seats right now (minus the wind in our seats).

I will also renew my 2 seats, might even add another seat and try to improve location as well, although my current location is really good for the price.

My question is how are they going to structure ticket prices. Doesn't matter to season ticket holders, but for the last number of years W, I and now N were priced higher because the teams "travel" well and that was a cash cow.(I believe most badger and hawk fans actually live in MN and don't actually travel that far) That offset the low prices on non-conf games. Will they expect $50 tickets to New Hampshire? or will the M, MSU, games be priced at $70

I will be renewing mine as well this year, but I will not be splitting the cost with a friend of mine because he first tried to sell his tickets to a Nebraska businessman and collect the commission from that, then planning on selling his two seats to a couple Wi fans. I ended up buying back my two seats for both games, and I don't want to deal with that next year.

Next year I plan on having the people I bring pay me 10 dollars a ticket, mandatory tailgating, and providing stuff each week for the tailgate. I spent a lot more money this year tailgating than expected because I was forced to coordinate everything and provide all the meals and beer. I look forward to tailgating with everyone at the fairgrounds again next year, and hopefully join up with JoeDirt and his crew to have a huge tailgate crew every week!

I can't remember a better fall in my life as far as weather goes, hopefully next year will be as good! It was awesome to get to know you and your crew this year! Hopefully we can get the band and some cheerleaders out to the fairgrounds next year to liven up the school spirit. I don't think it should be too much trouble for them to come out for a bit and entertain hundreds of Gopher fans and season ticket holders!

You mean not renewing is an option?

For better or for worse. No chance that I don't renew.

I'll be renewing my four. And just to get a jump on future threads on this topic, I'll be renewing in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'm still iffy on 2017.

How they price the tickets

My question is how are they going to structure ticket prices. Doesn't matter to season ticket holders, but for the last number of years W, I and now N were priced higher because the teams "travel" well and that was a cash cow.(I believe most badger and hawk fans actually live in MN and don't actually travel that far) That offset the low prices on non-conf games. Will they expect $50 tickets to New Hampshire? or will the M, MSU, games be priced at $70

Season tickets are priced as a package. Individual tickets are priced on what they believe the "market" is for them. The reason for this is that there is much greater demand from Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska fans for these games so they price them accordingly. Season tickets are discounted significantly but if they are premium seats you are paying additional fee for the package.

One of the problems with selling tickets in 2012 is that we play Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska away.

me too. I was numbed by how bad we were earlier in the year, but not totally surprised. It was really fun to have a team actually improve in the last half. Not our history for a long time.

Renewing my two and considering adding 2 more. In addition, my brother is considering 2 as well.

I'm renewing and hoping I can improve my seat location. I doubt we'll lose too many season ticket holders who are gopher fans. If people held on to them this year they will probably do so again next year.

I can't remember a better fall in my life as far as weather goes, hopefully next year will be as good! It was awesome to get to know you and your crew this year! Hopefully we can get the band and some cheerleaders out to the fairgrounds next year to liven up the school spirit. I don't think it should be too much trouble for them to come out for a bit and entertain hundreds of Gopher fans and season ticket holders!

I thought the same thing about the weather. The last game could have been better, but still nothing to complain about. A little cold weather doesn't hurt once in a while. The people that sit around me would not stop complaining about the weather we had and how EVERY year for EVERY game the weather has sucked at TCF stadium and at least at the dome it didn't matter what it was like outside it was always warm in the Dome.

As far as the band and cheerleaders to the fairgrounds, I doubt that would happen. The cheerleaders maybe, but with the game day schedule the marching band has there is almost no possible way they would go to St. Paul. The alumni band could maybe be a possibility though.

Top Bottom