I'm going to give Sudwell his due on the RB

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
He called it, we just do not have the backs to be an effective running team. I'm ready to put Stoudimire back there and say it's time for a crash course because we need you in there. He is not a big dude but he is a playmaker when he has the ball in his hands. Stoudimire needs repititions in the backfield as a tailback.

We could have Barry Sanders back there and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

He called it, we just do not have the backs to be an effective running team. I'm ready to put Stoudimire back there and say it's time for a crash course because we need you in there. He is not a big dude but he is a playmaker when he has the ball in his hands. Stoudimire needs repititions in the backfield as a tailback.

Bennett isn't a bad back. Adrian Peterson isn't going to get yards when the OL whiffs on blocks and looks as inept as they have so far this year.

A good running back can help make an offensive line work--a fact often overlooked and misunderstood.

When an o-line and running back are really working in tandem, blocking assignments can slightly change as the play develops because the line and the back have an unspoken "feel" for how things are developing.

It's simply not the case that "nobody" could make this line work. "Somebody" could definitely make it better.

On two occasions today we had our back tripping over our fullback in the backfield. He needs to see that the corner is coming to "force" that and stop tripping over his #^@#$( teammate. That's pee-wee crap!

I think there are some ways to make our running game a little better, and they involve taking Weber out of the tampon-buffer he's currently wrapped in by the coaching staff. He's a threat to run the ball...so make him a threat. One quick, easy way: install a speed option package. It is easy to put in and immediately allows us to attack a part of the field that we can't touch right now (anything outside the tackle).

Romor is that Whaley is suspended from playing due to off the field issues. Too bad we need him.

I think there are some ways to make our running game a little better, and they involve taking Weber out of the tampon-buffer he's currently wrapped in by the coaching staff. He's a threat to run the ball...so make him a threat.

Two years ago -- Weber's first as QB -- lots of folks here complained he ran too often. (Don't recall your thoughts on it, SW55, so I'm not accusing you of anything). Just seems ironic to read this now given that backdrop.

Davis, our run game coordinator, has made a big impact

Top Bottom