Illinois Takes QB Transfer from Ole Miss

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
NCAA won’t give DeVito a sixth year, so Bret takes Ole Miss’s backup QB as likely starter. That makes WI, IA, Purdue, IL all likely to have transfer portal starters at QB in 2023. Wouldn’t be surprised to see NW dip into the transfer pool, too. Nebraska hit the portal last year for a couple of transfer QBs. PJ might be the only coach in the B1G West developing his own QBs. Who’d have thunk it?

Gotta imagine it’s better to develop a qb in house so he gets more familiar with the system. Not that a transfer can’t succeed.

Georgia’s coach when asked why he didn’t sign a QB in this recent class …. Said why … the portal is full of QBs. I can get one anytime.

Georgia’s coach when asked why he didn’t sign a QB in this recent class …. Said why … the portal is full of QBs. I can get one anytime.
The QB position is certainly the most volatile and active in the portal. I like that we have an in house option and don't have to go to the portal for a QB but that may not always be the case as it is becoming the norm in college football to just go out and get your QB as opposed to developing one the old fashion way.

Top Bottom