Illinois Prep RB

SJUgopher

Reaction score
Who was the Illinois Prep RB that committed early (Jr yr) to the Gophers? I remember he was a good prospect, but ending up getting in trouble with the law (marijuana?) and didn't end up coming to Minnesota. I'm wondering where he ended up going to after all was said and done.

Yeah, Calvin Phillips. Said he was thinking of going Illinois after going JuCo, but not sure if he ended up anywhere (JuCo or Illinois). Rumor was his grades were pretty darn bad in HS.

Who was the Illinois Prep RB that committed early (Jr yr) to the Gophers? I remember he was a good prospect, but ending up getting in trouble with the law (marijuana?) and didn't end up coming to Minnesota. I'm wondering where he ended up going to after all was said and done.

Yeah, Calvin Phillips. Said he was thinking of going Illinois after going JuCo, but not sure if he ended up anywhere (JuCo or Illinois). Rumor was his grades were pretty darn bad in HS.

How do so many of these random guys from around the country...with all their legal baggage and academic question marks...become enamored with the "U"??

How do so many of these random guys from around the country...with all their legal baggage and academic question marks...become enamored with the "U"??

Not sure what you're getting at, but Minnesota is not unique in terms of the moral or criminal standing of athletes it attracts.

Uhhh...recruiting?

really? some of you are discussing calvin philips? welcome to 2 to 3 years ago, i guess. old, old news.

Top Bottom