Illinois-Indiana

Reaction score
That was a helluva game and an amazing ending. First Illinois comes roaring back to tie, they trade buckets, Oladipo loses the ball, but then swats a shot into the bleachers with about a second left. The inbounding play by Illinois nets a wide open lay up when Zeller lets Griffey get away on a switch. Just remarkable!

Indiana/Illinois

Wow, sick ending. Hoosier collapse or Illini comeback? I'll go with the former.

Illinois got dominated by the Gophers at home...yet beat #1 Indiana there. All of a sudden, Sunday's game at The Barn got much more interesting.

Yeah clearly IU could've closed it better even beyond the last play, but I've got to give a lot of credit to Richardson and Ill down the stretch too.

Wow. Nicely drawn up inbounds play by Groce! Great patience as well by Paul on the inbounds pass! What a finish!

Wow, sick ending. Hoosier collapse or Illini comeback? I'll go with the former.

Illinois got dominated by the Gophers at home...yet beat #1 Indiana there. All of a sudden, Sunday's game at The Barn got much more interesting.

Much different atmosphere and effort when the #1 team comes into your gym.

However, winning at Illinois is always good for MN.

I like it. If the Gophers beat Illinois the sweep will look even better. Plus, the Illini's win should go a long way in keeping them in the top 50. Just an incredible year in the Big Ten this year. About the only certainty is Penn State stinks.

When I watch Michigan I see a title contender. Indiana may have beat Mich @Indiana, but is too inconsistent to win the National Title, IMO. Indiana got bailed out by the refs or the Gophers may have completed a huge comeback on them as well, that in their own building.

College basketball is just incredibly confusing this year.

There is absolutely no solidified best team in the country this year!

But the Gophers suck and never do anything right. At least, according to you.

I like it. If the Gophers beat Illinois the sweep will look even better. Plus, the Illini's win should go a long way in keeping them in the top 50. Just an incredible year in the Big Ten this year. About the only certainty is Penn State stinks.

Despite having 4 huge wins on their resume the Illini have some work to do to get an NCAA bid. We may see a 7-11 B1G team get a bid.

Great win. Keeps Illinois top 50 and primes them for a let down.

College basketball is just incredibly confusing this year.

This.

This is going to place a HUGE emphasis on who the committee pairs off. Not like it's ever NOT important, but this year it's going to be HUGE.

Speaking of the committee, good luck to them trying to figure out what to do with Illinois. Huge wins and terrible losses at the same time.

Unfortunately, this is all true. This group of seniors, especially Brandon Paul, has never handled success well. I expect them to come out flat on Sunday.

I am looking forward to my first visit to The Barn. Should be fun regardless of the outcome.

Despite having 4 huge wins on their resume the Illini have some work to do to get an NCAA bid. We may see a 7-11 B1G team get a bid.

Good point. I have zero doubt Illinois would get a bid at 8-10 (moreso than the Gophers), but 7-11 is where it would get a little dicey for the Illini. But this particular season, with how strong the Big Ten is, their nonconference wins (Butler on a neutral floor and @ Gonzaga), another soft bottom of the bubble, it's very possible Illinois could join 1998 Florida State (6-10 in the ACC) as the only teams to receive at-large bids after going 4 games under .500 in conference play.

I'm just hoping the Gophers don't become one of those 7 or 8 wins.

I have seen Illinois look really good (Indiana, Gonzaga, Butler) and then look like pure crap (no discipline and really poor shot selection). There is no doubt they have talented guards. The fact that Northwestern has more conference wins is a total head scratcher.

Last time we played Illinois they were fresh off a 19 point win over Ohio St.

I have seen Illinois look really good (Indiana, Gonzaga, Butler) and then look like pure crap (no discipline and really poor shot selection). There is no doubt they have talented guards. The fact that Northwestern has more conference wins is a total head scratcher.

Northwestern also beat the Illini by double digits in Assembly Hall.

Top Bottom