Illini guard Tracy Abrams out for the season

scher215

Reaction score
Torn Achilles per Jeff Goodman.

@GoodmanESPN: Brutal news for Illinois. Senior PG Tracy Abrams tore his Achilles tendon Monday during practice. Out for season. Missed last year with ACL.

Tough break for Abrams and Groce. Groce takes a lot of flack, but I like him, think he's a good coach, and like the way his teams play. This won't help him if he's truly on the hot seat.

A safe bet Abrams will be back for a 6th year after losing 2 seasons to injury. He's the next Evan Eschmeyer.

Tough break for Abrams and Groce. Groce takes a lot of flack, but I like him, think he's a good coach, and like the way his teams play. This won't help him if he's truly on the hot seat.

A safe bet Abrams will be back for a 6th year after losing 2 seasons to injury. He's the next Evan Eschmeyer.

The thing is with an Achilles... in July... medically that doesn't line up well with the schedule and may prove problematic for the Illini. Wouldn't completely bank on him being dunzo for the year.

I've got a soft spot for Groce, too, especially having the chance to see him up close and personal on "The Journey."

I've got a soft spot for Groce, too, especially having the chance to see him up close and personal on "The Journey."

I like Groce, I don't like Illinois... So Illinois has essentially become meh to me. Don't hate them, dont love them, don't even recognize them as B1G team.... Kinda like Penn State in basketball... Meh...

Top Bottom