Ihnen and Fox?

Powder

Reaction score
I haven't heard much lately on Ihnen and Fox. Does anyone know if they are practicing yet? If so, when did they start full contact drills? Being able to see where they are at after the knee issues will surely impact what the coaching staff is doing for recruiting/transfers.

I haven't heard much lately on Ihnen and Fox. Does anyone know if they are practicing yet? If so, when did they start full contact drills? Being able to see where they are at after the knee issues will surely impact what the coaching staff is doing for recruiting/transfers.
There was news towards the end of the season that Fox was practicing with the team again. Not sure about Ihnen.

There was news towards the end of the season that Fox was practicing with the team again. Not sure about Ihnen.
Their injuries happened about a month apart. Fox in Late June and Ihnen in early August. If their timetables are similar and Fox was back practicing before the end of the season than Ihnen most likely is also back at this point.

That said, doubt they can do a lot with the players right now given that the season just ended a few weeks ago. Would seem like both would be in position to take part in the off season programs at least in some capacity even if it isn't full go.

That’s where you’re wrong. Some on this board think Ihnen is a 2. His legend grows with each passing month he’s out and his capabilities climb.
Nah… we’ll pull an Alabama, except for the entire season. He’ll be the first true Combo-Guard playing the 1/2 for us. 4 on 5 all year long. They’ll be writing about it for centuries…

Given their past histories, they should be fully decked out with protective gear until the fall.
Given their past histories, that should be good for a couple games each.

Both will be back. Both will be instant defense with a scoring punch. Ihnen will get plenty of time at the 2. Pin this this to review in a year. If we get a pair of point guards we can be Sweet Sixteen material.
I like it. Gophers next years Kansas State

It will be tough to know where either is truly at before portal decisions are made. If both are back, they have to be looked at as scholarships #12 and #13 and you can't have Ramburg back on scholarship. You can't potentially start the year with only 10 true scholaship players if Ihnen and Fox either look like Eric Curry post injury or simply are not/were not high major caliber players to begin with.

Right now you have Payne/Garcia/JOJ/Carrington/Betts/Christie as healthy bodies. You need two starting guards. I also think you need a 6'6-6'8 guy to start at the 3. That guy should either be a run and jump athlete or a great shooter (ideally both, but that guy probably isn't in the portal and if he is will not be a recruiting win for Minnesota). Then you need a big because A. Payne is foul prone and B. Our rebounding margin was every bit as bad as our free throw shooting this year. The 5th scholarship should go to another guard or wing because we need a margin for error in case that someone is either a misevaluation or gets injured. Bringing in guys simply because they are willing to play a minor reserve role has to stop. No more Samuels' or Daniels'. Get 5 guys in here who expect to compete for major minutes and let the chips fall where they may.

They will probably get injured the first minute of the first fall practice.
Someone has a really powerful voodoo doll.

I like it. Gophers next years Kansas State
are you suggesting the gophers hire a new coach that takes them to the top, in year 0, after never being a HC in the past?

doesn't sound like the U

Top Bottom