Ignored by Hawkeyes, Iowa native Jacob Simpson ready for big things with Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

In the crowd at Saturday's Floyd of Rosedale rivalry game at Kinnick Stadium will be a talented tight end from nearby Des Moines, snubbed by the Hawkeyes and rooting for the Gophers.

Three-star Class of 2024 Gophers recruit Jacob Simpson from Johnston High had seven Power Five scholarship offers after showcasing his pass-catching prowess at camps in the spring.

Iowa and Iowa State basically ignored him. The 6-5, 215-pound senior had offers from Missouri, Texas Tech, Illinois, Duke and others, but Simpson announced his commitment to play for P.J. Fleck after visiting Minnesota this summer.

"For some reason, Iowa kind of gave up on him," Johnston coach Brian Woodley said. "He went on some unofficial visits. I was shocked they didn't put more effort into bringing him to Iowa City."

Go Gophers!!

im-gonna-make-you-pay-youll-gonna-regret-it.gif

I mean, I will be rooting for Jacob when he gets here, but Iowa does know a thing or two about tight ends.

We’ll put 25 lbs of muscle on him and make him formidable! 🕺

The current use of TEs as pass catchers has been below average.

For some reason, this season's offensive scheme seems to believe that BSF's best asset is inline blocking.
When he is running a pattern as a receiver it’s usually a two yard route on third and eight.

The current use of TEs as pass catchers has been below average.

For some reason, this season's offensive scheme seems to believe that BSF's best asset is inline blocking.
He seems to have a problem catching the ball.

Top Bottom