If you were advising Ra'Shede Hageman: stay or enter NFL draft?

If you were advising Ra'Shede Hageman: stay or enter NFL draft?

• He's proved enough for Scouts, he's earned the money, represent us well on Sunday's!

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • He needs to come back, dominate next year and move up the draft.

Votes: 88 93.6%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
If you were advising Ra'Shede Hageman: would you recommend he stay for his senior season or has he done enough to enter NFL draft?

He needs to stay in school. Has not done nearly enough in college at this point.

If he can get drafted in the top 2 rounds I would say go, otherwise stay for another season here. Hard to pass up that kind of money and risk getting injured or something.

If he can be a First Round pick go for it. If it's going to be late 2nd or beyond stay.

Hageman is almost certainly not going in the first three rounds in the 2013 draft, barring some sort of combine miracle. He would be well advised to stick around and improve his stock to get into an earlier pick.

This draft is loaded with D-linemen. Problem for him is he plays in a 4-3 defense and was moved inside because he didn't move well in space...therefor he is looking at going to a 4-3 team who needs depth at DT. No higher than a 5th round pick barring a stellar combine (if he is invited).

If he can go top 3 rounds I would go.

He could do a lot for his draft stock if he stayed and had a better senior year though.

Hageman

If you were advising Ra'Shede Hageman: would you recommend he stay for his senior season or has he done enough to enter NFL draft?

Hageman has only been a starter for one year. Last year he played behind Jacobs and Kirksey. If he was not good enough to start on a very mediocre DL last year, the prospect of his getting a high draft pick this year is not very good. True, he has improved his game, but another year is necessary for him to prove his abilities to play on Sundays.

C'mon he will stay - he's not ready yet. Willhite looked better and made more of an impact in many games.

I know we're all impartial but he still needs a lot of work and coming back for his senior season would probably be best.

Hageman has only been a starter for one year. Last year he played behind Jacobs and Kirksey.

Now here's a guy that has been paying attention! Well done.

Sorry that I'm coming off as an asshole, but that was my intention.

I think he would be looked at as a 3-4 DE at the next level. As for where he'd be drafted, my guess is 2nd or 3rd round. It would depend on his performance at the combine. I think the downside would outweigh the possible upside. He's very talented, but very raw.

He's nowhere near ready to make an "impact" on an NFL roster. Because of that I can't see him going in the top 3 rounds or even really that close. He needs to come back and show that he can assert his will on teams out there and he could really reap the benefits in terms of $ he earns long term.

He needs to stay in college, get his degree & more seasoning. Then, he might improve his stock.

Look at how good Fairleys was in college, Fairleys struggles and compare. I believe another tear at the U would be huge.

Mr Hageman,

Los Angeles is full of beautiful women who were the prettiest girls in their small towns or their suburban high schools, but they wait tables in California. They weren't beautiful or talented (or loose) enough to make it in Hollywood.

NFL Land is full of big strong fast young men who were stars in college, but guys like that are a dime a dozen in professional football. Stick around, get stronger and faster, develop your skills. Maybe talk to Willie Van de Steeg about his experience. He was big and strong and fast, too.

Get your degree and go to the NFL after next season!

Mr everybody knows my name,

They're all loose enough in Los Angeles.

I don't think he is ready but if he were projected to be a high pick I could understand him jumping ship.

He lacks one major thing that pro scouts like to see from college players: Production.

3-4 DE is his likely future and even when he's drafted he's still going to need major development. He needs a solid senior season to move into the top half of the draft. He should stay.

I can see him leaving, though. I don't think he's crazy about homework and classes.

Get the degree while it's paid for. Don't miss a minute of college, it's the best time and you'll miss it.

This draft looks to be very strong at DT. Hageman needs to come back to the U learn how to be a more well rounded DT and dominate more. He had a nice season and would get drafted but the key isnt to get dafted as stated earlier in this thread. The goal is to be prepared enough entering the NFL to not only get drafted but to have the skills to get a second contract. Lots of guys get an NFL pay check far fewer get a second contract.

If he's picked in the top 2 rounds, he should go.

I think he'll be back, I hope he'll be back. He was our best DL, hands down. It wasn't even close. He is big/strong and fast enough to play anywhere along a DL in the NFL (with the exception of RE on a 4-3). He was excellent this year.

On the downside, he's only had 1 really good year. He would improve his stock by returning and having another good year.

I'm very biased, but honestly, even if I wasn't, I'd lean towards stay. But that's solely based on where he's projected. I have yet to see him considered in the first three rounds, that's kinda my breaking point, so to speak. If he's projected strongly to go in those first two days, then I'd find it hard to tell a guy to stick around.

Folks, production has little to nothing to do with getting a shot in the NFL. The Jets Cromartie played in less than 10 college football games and was drafted in the 1st rd. The DB from Nebraska (I refuse to say his name) last season had almost no production, punched a cop in the face the week of the draft and was still drafted.

What matters is does one team like you? Going into the draft Ponder was considered a late 1st rd pick at best; a rush on QB's and the Vikes belief they had to get one caused them to trade up to get him.

Rashede is by no means anywhere near being a finished product. However he is 6'6 and 300 plus lbs. That can't be coached.

So back to question; should he go early? Because I don't see him improving his draft stock (he's not a good football player...he don't understand leverage) I say yes go....before others (NFL) come to the same conclusion.

Folks, production has little to nothing to do with getting a shot in the NFL. The Jets Cromartie played in less than 10 college football games and was drafted in the 1st rd. The DB from Nebraska (I refuse to say his name) last season had almost no production, punched a cop in the face the week of the draft and was still drafted.

What matters is does one team like you? Going into the draft Ponder was considered a late 1st rd pick at best; a rush on QB's and the Vikes belief they had to get one caused them to trade up to get him.

Rashede is by no means anywhere near being a finished product. However he is 6'6 and 300 plus lbs. That can't be coached.

So back to question; should he go early? Because I don't see him improving his draft stock (he's not a good football player...he don't understand leverage) I say yes go....before others (NFL) come to the same conclusion.

I agree with your post except that last paragraph. Hageman was our best player on defense last year. If you don't see him improving himself, I hate to say it, but you're not watching the game. He is a guy who wasn't good at getting out of the block very well and improved DRAMATICALLY since last year.

He is a good football player, the best we've had on the defensive side of the ball in a long time. Because of his raw athletic abilit, if there is a player who could get better because of more seasoning, it would be Hageman.

That said, if he can go in the top 2 rounds, he should go. But the idea that he is not a good football player is absolute nonsense.

I am not sure how you can say that he isn't a good football when he was by far one of our best, if not the best, player on our defense this year. The times that he was having a tough time was when he was drawing double teams in the trenches for the vast majority.

Like Bob eluded to, to suggest otherwise is pretty laughable.

The comment "he's not a good football player...he don't understand leverage" is pretty dumb! We don't know what the line calls are, his job wasn't always to blow by the oline, etc. some ppl really think the only way a dlineman is good is by sacks which is simply not true. I'm biased but I still think Hageman was easily our best defensive player and it wasn't close IMO. Others had great star games but Hageman was doing little things that sim ppl don't appreciate

Top Bottom