If you didn't stay to the end you missed...

gophmeister

Reaction score
...some guys unfurl a pirate flag with "Leach" written on it.

I don't think Trestman is the fan favorite for the job.

Just think of all the stuff we could do on game day. We could raise a pirate flag as Leach enters the stadium, Goldy could make the other mascot walk the plank. I'm going to go read Treasure Island to come up with some more ideas.

...some guys unfurl a pirate flag with "Leach" written on it.

I don't think Trestman is the fan favorite for the job.

Damn.. I missed that. And I stayed until the end.

That's effin' awesome! LOL

I saw the flag too. With next week's game just prior to Halloween, perhaps a bunch of fans should dress up as pirates and kick the campaign into high gear!

In case you missed it, here it is:

Attachments

• IMG_6071.jpg
    IMG_6071.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 217

I dont know

Did you see the youtube where Leach must have used the F word at least 60 times during a speech to his players? And he demeaned some religious players on the team---You ready for a loose cannon such as that? And he didnt have much of a defense much of the time. How many did we score on him? If you are ok with that then you are ok with Leach.

Did you see the youtube where Leach must have used the F word at least 60 times during a speech to his players? And he demeaned some religious players on the team---You ready for a loose cannon such as that? And he didnt have much of a defense much of the time. How many did we score on him? If you are ok with that then you are ok with Leach.

At least he's authentic.

Minnesota used to be an Offensive Juggernaut in case you forgot...

I'd take Leach in a Heartbeat...

If you want to hear F bombs, you should be with me when I watch a gopher game.

The F bomb? 60 times. Oh my.

He had a top 60 defense in five of his last six seasons. 30th ranked defense in 2005. 45th ranked defense in 2009. 46th in 2004.

i was thinking that since next saturday the gophers will probably get blown out and there is not much excitement to watch the product on the field and since it will be on national television our fans might want to channel their anger and urge to walk out to creativity and perhaps start some 'we want leach' or 'fire maturi' chants (i know that is not creative, but i haven't given it much thought) and perhaps get creative with signs.

if we want to be a name program then we need to start developing our group wit (and the students need to step it up).

I saw the flag too. With next week's game just prior to Halloween, perhaps a bunch of fans should dress up as pirates and kick the campaign into high gear!

That's a great idea. I like it, and I'd like to see TCF draped in pirate flags too. Unfurl that Jolly Roger! :clap:

Have you been around a coaching staff in any sport before?

Also right with y'all cursing at my tv for gopher sports/me pro teams

puffy-shirt.gif
You're gonna be the first pirate.

I don't do Halloween stuff at all, but I'm seriously considering getting together a Captain Jack Sparrow uniform together.. Only in maroon and gold for next week's game.

And have a sign like that flag (crossbones with 'Leach' on it).

Make a statement on national tv!

Did you see the youtube where Leach must have used the F word at least 60 times during a speech to his players? And he demeaned some religious players on the team---You ready for a loose cannon such as that?

I like him even more now.

The F bomb? 60 times. Oh my.

He had a top 60 defense in five of his last six seasons. 30th ranked defense in 2005. 45th ranked defense in 2009. 46th in 2004.

Leach has a strength of being loyal to his staff, which I like b/c I'm looking for consistency. He promoted within when his previous DC retired for personal reasons?

Here is how he performed in conference. Most of the time he had the number one passing offe
Conference rankings

5 (working with #7 offense in conference)
8 (working with #3 offense in conference)
9 (working with #1 offense in conference)
12 (working with #1 offense in conference)
7 (working with #1 offense in conference)
5 (working with #2 offense in conference)
6 (working with #1 offense in conference)
--- (former coordinator retired)
3 (working with #1 offense in conference)

However the thing that concerns me is how dominate he is on offense that his defense only finished in the top 5 one time.

The 60 minute thing didn't exactly bother me. He was talking to his team in the lockeroom after kind of a tough stretch for them, I don't think he is the only college football coach who would have done the exact same thing.

I really don't think he was demeaning the religious players, I think he was giving them a little chit about what they are praying to. If you listen, he never says anything bad about it, at least from what I can remember.

I'm not overly concerned about Mike Leach being a loose cannon. I want a guy who can win and I don't think he does it "at all costs". The graduates players and ran a pretty clean program.

Leach has a strength of being loyal to his staff, which I like b/c I'm looking for consistency. He promoted within when his previous DC retired for personal reasons?

Here is how he performed in conference. Most of the time he had the number one passing offe
Conference rankings

5 (working with #7 offense in conference)
8 (working with #3 offense in conference)
9 (working with #1 offense in conference)
12 (working with #1 offense in conference)
7 (working with #1 offense in conference)
--- (former coordinator retired)
3 (working with #1 offense in conference)

However the thing that concerns me is how dominate he is on offense that his defense only finished in the top 5 one time.

Do you not consider 5th to be top 5?

* embarrassing look* I meant above a fifth place finish. Thanks for correcting me.

Actually, you were right to begin with, monk. You must have forgotten that when it comes to the Big12, the University of Texa$ counts as both #1 and #2 in statistical categories. It's a money thing.

This puts Tech at number 5 in the conference.... therefore in sixth place.

I am ok with Leach. ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

Top Bottom