If you could add one player to the team this year...

I would take one of 3 bobby Jackson, Quincy lewis, or voshon Lenard and I'm leaning heavy on voshon.

Yes, both Hollins' are shooting effectively from three now, however the Gophers don't have that guy who when the ball is swung around the perimeter and the ball ends up in his hands for a good look...that roar in the crowd starts before the ball even leaves his hands. When watching the tournament last year, most teams had "that guy", the Gophers don't. It's not the number one thing this team is missing, but it would make a difference.

Couldn't that have more to do with the crowd than the ability of either Hollins?

IMO this has more to do with the perception of the Hollins' as not being "pure shooters" and less to do with their actual ability. I can't imagine any opposing coach saying, don't worry about Austin and Andre shooting. You should be fine to leave them open.

I would go with either Quincy Lewis or Courtney James. Quincy brought some of the things that Rodney brings, but was a much more well rounded player.
Courtney was impressive and explosive. Him and Mbakwe in the middle together would be tough for other teams to handle.

Top Bottom