If you are surprised....

caliGopher

Reaction score
You aren't paying attention.

two chances to salvage this season and prove that The Fighting PJ Flecks have actually progressedin 5 years.

the only clear, consistent difference is a significant downgrade in special teams

beat Iowa
Beat Wisconsin

then talk about this team making progress.

This is apparently a very fragile team.

On the other hand, the continued losses of our RBs may just be catching up.

If you lose at home as 31 point favorites, you are simply not very good. It showed again today. No one should be surprised.

No excuse for not being able to muster up 15 points at home against a 3-6 team that just lost to Rutgers

Well, we beat Purdue but had only 12 first downs against them and scored little. The first td wasn't even completed for a catch. We caught a huge break.

Against Nebraska we hung on for dear life. On 4th down the guy fell over his own two feet.

Bowling Green, and now today.

We are a very mediocre team whose record is better than what they are.

The passing on our only TD drive should have been called in the 2nd quarter. The OC and play calling failed to get Tanner in a rhythm early.

Thomas missed a couple blitz pickups -- losing Bryce hurt today. I told my wife -- we'd be 2-7 if everyone blitzed us

The passing on our only TD drive should have been called in the 2nd quarter. The OC and play calling failed to get Tanner in a rhythm early.

Bingo. Where were these intermediate passes earlier in the game? Check this out.....QB's were 4/4 on passes on first down in the first half. All went for at least ten yards and a first down. I looked this up after the Bowling Green game and saw a very similar situation. Teams are selling out against the run on first down and we play right into their hands because of how sickeningly predictable the play calling is.

We are what we have always been. We just pay a coach a lot more for the same results.
Todays disgusting loss is too familiar but you can't eliminate PJF's big W's over great PSU/WI and Auburn teams.

I would argue over the past 5 years, the inconsistency is consistent.
How about last 60? There have been some times that have been more up than down and certainly Fleck’s teams have been more on the up side.

Top Bottom