If they switch, the window for Rucker and Brookens is closing fast.

My point was, there is no window, and therefore is no "closing" of such.

You have things like this that happen all the time. Suddenly, another scholarship becomes open.

Incorrect. We extend a lot of offers, and there are only a fixed number of players that we can sign. Many players last year, such as Charlie Miller, lost a potential spot when another player, KJ Maye in this case, committed first.

Would think Hawthorne would have the inside track. I thought he demonstrated some talent last year prior to the injury and Wettstein stepping in so well.

If you look at Hawthorne's stats last year he did a lot better than I remembered. A lot of people were anxious to replace him, but he missed three pretty long field goals and 1 XP. Granted that was on 9 attempts, but again the 3 misses were fairly long. However, Wettstein missed only 1 XP last year (but then missed a pretty makeable FG in UNLV). I don't know about kickoffs (maybe he wasn't that great there?) but I don't think he deserved the reputation he got. A lot of Holers were acting like it would be an atrocity to have Hawthorne kick this year.

Would think Hawthorne would have the inside track. I thought he demonstrated some talent last year prior to the injury and Wettstein stepping in so well.

I would agree. We have had three and I would assume best to have at least two kickers after Wettstein and Schwerman leave. Do we look for a walk-on because we are so limited in scholarships?

If you look at Hawthorne's stats last year he did a lot better than I remembered. A lot of people were anxious to replace him, but he missed three pretty long field goals and 1 XP. Granted that was on 9 attempts, but again the 3 misses were fairly long. However, Wettstein missed only 1 XP last year (but then missed a pretty makeable FG in UNLV). I don't know about kickoffs (maybe he wasn't that great there?) but I don't think he deserved the reputation he got. A lot of Holers were acting like it would be an atrocity to have Hawthorne kick this year.

If I remember correctly, the longer ones were well short and wasn't an accuracy issue.

Incorrect. We extend a lot of offers, and there are only a fixed number of players that we can sign. Many players last year, such as Charlie Miller, lost a potential spot when another player, KJ Maye in this case, committed first.

Incorrect incorrect. Minnesota can sign up to 25 players next year if they have that number of scholarships available. If a player gives up their scholarship or has a career-ending injury (like Bauducco), that scholarship is added to next years availability.

Do we have a kicker lined up for next year?

Didn't Kyle Fodness from Bemidji walk-on?

Incorrect incorrect. Minnesota can sign up to 25 players next year if they have that number of scholarships available. If a player gives up their scholarship or has a career-ending injury (like Bauducco), that scholarship is added to next years availability.

Wrong again. If they have 5, 15, or 25 schollys, the window eventually runs out for kids who don't commit. Kill and every coach says this. It's first come first serve.

Rucker and Brookings would be nice, but Kill has this arrow pointed so far North that those two are of no concern. We will have two that will turn out as good or better.

Killjoy's response - Not really. You can only extend official offers to the number of scholarships you have available plus 3. What you see on Rivals is not always official offers
Didn't Kyle Fodness from Bemidji walk-on?
He is not on the roster and nobody has said anything about what is going on. Who knows? Maybe he will start spring quarter?

Wrong again. If they have 5, 15, or 25 schollys, the window eventually runs out for kids who don't commit. Kill and every coach says this. It's first come first serve.

You are truly a tool. That is a fact. The "clock" has never "run out" on a "Minnesota" "recruit" by "Kill" so far. You have no clue what you are talking about. I know for a fact that they have figured out a way to get every kid who wanted to come here that the staff wanted. Every one. That is a fact. I talk to coaches on the staff. You conject on things you know nothing about. The "clock" resets each time the scholarship number resets. That is a fact.

If Rucker and Brookens want to be here, there will be a scholarship waiting for them. That is a fact.

You are truly a tool. That is a fact. The "clock" has never "run out" on a "Minnesota" "recruit" by "Kill" so far. You have no clue what you are talking about. I know for a fact that they have figured out a way to get every kid who wanted to come here that the staff wanted. Every one. That is a fact. I talk to coaches on the staff. You conject on things you know nothing about. The "clock" resets each time the scholarship number resets. That is a fact.

If Rucker and Brookens want to be here, there will be a scholarship waiting for them. That is a fact.

Of course you have inside knowledge, even though you've never presented any of it on the board. Saying the clock has never run out on a MN kid so far is asinine given that he's had one full recruiting class and was able to sign 30 kids. I used Charlie Miller as an example, and obviously the clock ran out on him, unless you believe he chose Northern Illinois over the Gophers.

Top Bottom