If the Gophers beat the Badgers, you will...

Charge the field and get a hold on Dat Axe.

I thought I read some where that Flier or Richard Morgan Flier had a one year stint with the Gopher football program as a offensive guard or tackle before dropping out of college and training with Verne Gagne for pro wrestling.
Would be kind of cool to see "Nature Boy" Rick Flair do the scoreboard announcement some day with Hey everybond this is Nature Boy Ric Flair, and I want you to do the Gopher "Woo". Would be fun to see that.
Doubt he remembers his roots or time as a Gopher football player though.

I've been surprised he hasn't done this already. He did something similar at the Carolina Panthers - Vikings game in Charlotte when I was there about 7-8 years ago. I think he lives in N. Carolina.

My buddy Greg, who's a huge Minnesota fan of every team, except the gophers and is now a transplant Vadger fan, has been
spamming my facebook wall with sconnie crap, all..week..long..

If the Gophers win saturday, he just might have to delete his account after I get done with his wall.

Drink to forget loss that I thought was inevitable, then wake up Sunday and say "Woo!" for 12 straight hours.

Nothing because we should never lose to Wisconsin in anything.

I thought I read some where that Flier or Richard Morgan Flier had a one year stint with the Gopher football program as a offensive guard or tackle before dropping out of college and training with Verne Gagne for pro wrestling.
Would be kind of cool to see "Nature Boy" Rick Flair do the scoreboard announcement some day with Hey everybond this is Nature Boy Ric Flair, and I want you to do the Gopher "Woo". Would be fun to see that.
Doubt he remembers his roots or time as a Gopher football player though.

According to IMDB -

"Richard Morgan Fliehr isn't what you'd expect from a professional wrestler. A medical student at Minnesota University (his father was a doctor, his mother an actress), Flair dropped out college to train for the mat wars under legendary former AWA World champ Verne Gagne....."

I'd go get some real good Belgian beer to celebrate!

I've been surprised he hasn't done this already. He did something similar at the Carolina Panthers - Vikings game in Charlotte when I was there about 7-8 years ago. I think he lives in N. Carolina.

Correct. Lives in NC. Apparently he and his son are huge gophers and vikes fans.

As for if we win, I'd run on the field and tap that axe.

Correct. Lives in NC. Apparently he and his son are huge gophers and vikes fans.

The more I think about it, I'm shocked the U hasn't done something on the video board with him or invite him out to a game to do his "wooooo" down on the field before the game. Maybe they've tried but he didn't want to?

I will drink this, which I've reserved for victories this year:

Bookers-large.jpg

I will, of course, drink much more of it than usual.

Tell Souhan to bend over so we can do our best to find his head.

Don, just when I think you couldn't be any more senile, you go and post something like this.

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Kids

Tapping that Axe is going to be fun over and over again.

Doesn't Flair have two kids who grew up in Hopkins from his first marriage? IF so I could see them being Vikings or Gopher fans. Would be pretty cool if Flair were a Gopher football fan. Our team seems to dig the wrasslin with Yes chants and all, at least a few of them do.
I'm pretty sure I saw Baron Raschke at the Gopher game but he was dressed in Nebraska colors. Must have been a Nebraska alumn or kid going up the Baron.

Tapping that Axe is going to be fun over and over again.

Doesn't Flair have two kids who grew up in Hopkins from his first marriage? IF so I could see them being Vikings or Gopher fans. Would be pretty cool if Flair were a Gopher football fan. Our team seems to dig the wrasslin with Yes chants and all, at least a few of them do.
I'm pretty sure I saw Baron Raschke at the Gopher game but he was dressed in Nebraska colors. Must have been a Nebraska alumn or kid going up the Baron.

Baron von Raschke was an All American wrestler at Nebraska. I think he was born in Omaha.

Baron von Raschke was an All American wrestler at Nebraska. I think he was born in Omaha.

As a kid I used to see him up in Lake George, MN in the summers at the Wigwam store that he owned/managed/worked at. Years later I served him a beer when he was in New Ulm shooting a Schells commercial I believe.

Top Bottom