If Telvision drives starting times,

husker70

Reaction score
The ACC Championship with Florida State vs. Duke is on ABC Channel 5 at 7 P.M.
The Big 10 Championship with Ohio State vs. MSU is on Fox Channel 9 at 7 P.M.

These matchups without the benefit of a DVR, or screen on screen offers a true choice. Do you want to watch the number 1 team, with the favorite for the Heisman? Or are you a Big 10 loyalist and need to see OSU actually play someone? I would think a good share of the viewers will chose the ACC Championship. If it gets out of hand, they might switch to the Big 10. And of course what happens to the BCS if Duke and Sparty both win?

I will probably flip back and forth, giving some preference to the BIG game. I suspect Florida St will blow out Duke in the end, but it may stay close enough for awhile. If a blowout comes to fruition, then I will concentrate on the BIG game. That said, I do believe Ohio St can blow out Michigan State - it's just not very likely.

The Pac 12 championship starts at 6:45 as well. I don't get why they schedule all three of these games at the same time. It would have been smart to have the ACC championship at the noon time to be the only marquee game at that time.

Florida State will destroy Duke. It's going to be ugly. Besides Ohio State-Michigan State, the other big one to watch in prime time is Stanford at Arizona State in the PAC-12 Title game at 6:45 on ESPN. No BCS Title game implications, but the Rose Bowl is at stake and it ought to be an entertaining game.

Top Bottom