If Pitino had any guts.....

The blue collar gym rats who bring their lunch pails to work and play the right way should start.

The blue collar gym rats who bring their lunch pails to work and play the right way should start.
I'd be curious as to who, specifically, you think those players are and what they are doing every day to make you think they are the guys? Or maybe you're thinking that the whole team needs to be jettisoned and 12 new guys brought in?

I'd be curious as to who, specifically, you think those players are and what they are doing every day to make you think they are the guys? Or maybe you're thinking that the whole team needs to be jettisoned and 12 new guys brought in?
It was my feeble attempt at humor by stringing together as many descriptors of less physically gifted players that fans tend to clamor for when teams are struggling.

It was my feeble attempt at humor by stringing together as many descriptors of less physically gifted players that fans tend to clamor for when teams are struggling.
When a perfectly decent joke goes over the poor dude's head! lol :rolleyes:

So Wolverine, your saying we should play the guys who, roll up their sleeves and put their nose to the grindstone, hit the pavement, aren't afraid of putting their feet in the water, diving into the deep end, burn the midnight oil, take the extra shot, turn on the gym lights and turn them off, sleep with a basketball, students of the game, put their team before themselves, practice till their fingers bleed, listen to what their told, make the extra pass, skin their knees, dive for loose balls, don't watch the paint dry, get their teammates back, and hoist practice shots till the wee hours of the morning.

Looking for some actual b-ball expertise here. I think one of their biggest problems is that Carr NEVER passes out of the pick-and-roll to the screener (roller?). In this past game vs. Purdue, they simply double teamed Carr every time, because he never passes it. I watched repeatedly what I viewed as a wide open "roller" with a clear path to the basket just running through the motions as the pass was never delivered. It seems to me that when the opposing defense chooses to double-team Carr high out on the perimeter, this really bottles up the offense and I believe it frustrates Carr. I'm not sure if it's Carr, Pitino or a combo.

Am I onto something here or on something?
I have said several times that Carr does a terrible job of getting the ball to open guys in the paint. We are Late getting it there or don’t get it there at all. We miss a lot of easy hoops because the ball does not find its way to open cutters and rollers. We have a guard who dribbles too much.

I understand and agree with people's frustrations with Carr, but this is a Pitino norm. He's shown he wants ball dominant guards and they've gotten some extended leeway. His defenses have normally been awful with exception of this year being average and a couple years ago with Lynch. I just don't see any change and it's not a guts thing, it's what Richard wants.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying a mediocre defense is what he wants rather than saying it isn't something he cares greatly about and focuses on, I don't think he cares that much about having a lock down best in the Big Ten defense and I am afraid it shows on the court.

Careless with the ball down the stretch
Choke down the stretch. No plan, no courage, no execution, no smarts, no COACH.

Teams take on the personality of their coach, especially at the amateur level.

Pitino is a loser. His teams reflect that.

Pitino B10 win% = 0.371
Monson 0.393
Tubby 0.426
Think about how low the bar has been set.
How does he still have a job?

Top Bottom