If Minnesota make it to the Big Ten Championship game

gophersfan

Reaction score
If for some how and reason we make it the Big Ten Championship game and lose to Ohio State. Do they leaves it out of the Rose Bowl. OSU would make the CFP.

I think Michigan gets the rose bowl if we went and lost to OSU...only way I could see it swing our way is if we played OSU quite a bit closer than Michigan.

I believe that any P5 conference champion is obligated to a NY6 bowl at minimum. So if Minnesota wins, probably Rose.

In theory the Gophers could go to a different one, but would likely end up Rose because of the soft tie-ins there.

If they lose to OSU, we're a 8-5 team and heading for something like Outback, Vegas or Music City

I believe that any P5 conference champion is obligated to a NY6 bowl at minimum. So if Minnesota wins, probably Rose.

The winner of the B1G Championship game automatically gets the Rose Bowl berth, unless that winner is invited to the playoffs. So, yes, if Minnesota beats Ohio State or Michigan next week in Indianapolis, the Gophers are going to Pasadena.

Michigan is a lock for the Rose Bowl already.
Not really. One thing people forget is that TV has some influence on opponents. Who will play Notre Dame? If Michigan loses to OSU, TV will want Michigan-ND? Huge viewership for that game. Michigan wins in a tight one, does OSU fall out? Cincinnati holds a spot? More to these selections than people know like the behind the scenes politics and lobbying.

The winner of the B1G Championship game automatically gets the Rose Bowl berth, unless that winner is invited to the playoffs. So, yes, if Minnesota beats Ohio State or Michigan next week in Indianapolis, the Gophers are going to Pasadena.

Truth.

But, get ready for some responses that go something like: "Minnesota, winning in Indy?!?! LOL!!!!!!"

Our only chance at a New Years six is to be the big ten auto bid. They aren’t picking a 5 loss team
exactly this. there is less than zero chance of 5 loss Minnesota going to the Rose Bowl. We should at that point hope for Vegas over Music City, because Nashville is like Vegas if it were colder and you can't gamble or shoot uzis in the desert.

Stop talking about this BS! Carriage front of the horses! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why not ask about, Gophers going to be in the National Championship next year? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Does PJ Fleck regret going for it on 4th down in the Bowling Green State University loss now?

I'd say throw out the analytics next time. Trust your coaches and be better prepared for the so-called "cupcakes".

That play is like a boil in the middle of the back of Gopher fans. It hurts for a long time.

This is also a very expensive education for a young coach.

A good 20% of the posters on this board would be horribly disappointed if the Gophers won the West. It doesn’t fit their paradigm or narrative.
I hope they win the West and can only hope they play like their 1st game against OSU in the cha.pionship game.

Nebraska imploding in the 4th quarter. I don’t think we will have to worry about OSU

The dream is dead, I've been dreaming in the Lucas Oil nosebleeds all week. Glad the athletic department didn't waste taxpayer funds sending out the travel details email! /s

...eh, we had our destiny in our own hands and couldn't do it. Oh well. Fire Sanford.

That's not what the OP asked.

I wasn't responding to the OP. Literally, the post I was responding to with pertinent information was included in the post I made.

You should calm down. Post less. Quit cluttering the board with stupid shit. We would all be better for it.

MORE people wasting everyone’s time arguing with MplsGopher. Sigh.

“ignore list” is a wonderful thing. Check it out.

Indeed, I should've responded to fml and you for your tangent.

Will fix that now.

You are worried about other posters going on a tangent? You are simply amazing.

Post less. Please.

You are worried about other posters going on a tangent?
You have three options:

1) be an adult and simply skip over my posts, ie use your mouse wheel

2) be a child and put me on ignore

3) be a coward and put me on ignore and then cry like a little bitch about how others still engage with someone you have on ignore.

I'll leave you to it.

You have three options:

1) be an adult and simply skip over my posts, ie use your mouse wheel

2) be a child and put me on ignore

3) be a coward and put me on ignore and then cry like a little bitch about how others still engage with someone you have on ignore.

I'll leave you to it.

I don't like any other those options.

I would prefer if you post less.

and skipped over my post
But why would I do that? I read all posts and respond to whatever tickles my fancy. As is correct usage of the board.

I don't need to ignore anyone.

You're the one with issues.

Top Bottom