If Johnston isn't the guy, who would be next for the Gophers?

I’m confused by some names on this list.

Florida had a terrible season, so we’re going to shell out a ton of money for their head coach? Because she lived in Minnesota 20 years ago?

Thibault-Dudonis has been a head coach for one year and she’s .500. She wasn’t a part of any winning here.

Mentioning Janel McCarville after the Whalen experiment seems more like an Onion article.

I’m confused by some names on this list.

Florida had a terrible season, so we’re going to shell out a ton of money for their head coach? Because she lived in Minnesota 20 years ago?

Thibault-Dudonis has been a head coach for one year and she’s .500. She wasn’t a part of any winning here.

Mentioning Janel McCarville after the Whalen experiment seems more like an Onion article.
I especially like your last line.

Tony hasn't a clue, he's like me cutting a pasting content without citing his work.

I agree that none of those names are in consideration.

Johnston or another really good mid-major coach with be the next coach IMO.

I’m confused by some names on this list....

From the original article:

Janel McCarville (Stevens Point High School asst.)

• Stevens Point High School asst. (since 2022)

Janelle McCarville is one of my all-time favorites! Great games at Minnesota. Record for most rebounds in an NCAA tournament. Was the #1 overall pick in the WNBA draft. She is well-loved by many. Maybe McCarville fans are lobbying for her.

Obviously does not have enough experience for the big chair.

Has more experience than Whalen did, LOL, We can see how damaging that was to Gophers basketball.

Looks to me like Tony is throwing a lot of stuff against the wall and hoping that maybe something will stick. And, he's implying that Johnston is the favorite, something I doubt.

A. Johnston is the best hire, period. He is a proven D1 Coach (very good Summit League), they are currently approx 24-2. More importantly, he works!! He, or his Asst, are are ALL AAU good summer games in Des Moines, Omaha, Mpls, Fargo, and Denver. And they actually talk to people in the crowd about what they think. He’s a smart dude.…..

Top Bottom