If I'm the AD at a MAC school/WMU

Reaction score
I immediately go after Claeys and staff and build a MAC dynasty. With the number of Big 10 worthy kids that would transfer along with future recruits they would be dominating in no time. At least that's what I think. And the coached who have been with the staff for a long time would probably relish going back to the MAC to show their stuff. A few years of that staff would set as cool up for a long run.

I immediately go after Claeys and staff and build a MAC dynasty. With the number of Big 10 worthy kids that would transfer along with future recruits they would be dominating in no time. At least that's what I think. And the coached who have been with the staff for a long time would probably relish going back to the MAC to show their stuff. A few years of that staff would set as cool up for a long run.

If you're the AD of MAC school, and you hire Claeys, would you also ask him to please not publicly undermine the MAC school's administration, i.e. you, the AD? Or perhaps ask him to not support any future insurrections among the players which hold bowl games and fans (who have purchased airline and football tickets) hostage? You may want to get those things in writing. Then build your MAC dynasty.

So the guy who competes against MAC schools for recruits despite being in the Big Ten is going to become a recruiting powerhouse in the MAC?

The University of Kansas would be a perfect spot for Claeys.

Go Gophers!!

If you're the AD of MAC school, and you hire Claeys, would you also ask him to please not publicly undermine the MAC school's administration, i.e. you, the AD? Or perhaps ask him to not support any future insurrections among the players which hold bowl games and fans (who have purchased airline and football tickets) hostage? You may want to get those things in writing. Then build your MAC dynasty.

A little cynical but sure. If I unjustly crucify my HC I, as AD, expect there might be a certain amount of fallout. And I possibly even prepare for said scenario ???

Using your simple logic why would any coach with any options work for Coyle? Why would any player come to this hostile university?

Let's see who they pull out of their hat.

A coach will come for money and a shot at the Big stage. Players will come for the coach. We will see

Next year is lost and hopefully Coyle is lost.

A coach will come for money and a shot at the Big stage. Players will come for the coach. We will see

I must have listened to at least 300 people confidently say "we'll see" when Mase was fired.

Top Bottom