If I were Brewster...

gophmeister

Reaction score
...I'd go for broke and start Gray. We have the vaunted 6 wins, so it's time to roll the dice!

Wish it would happen but doubt it. It would certainly surprise Iowa. I believe Gray starts next season. Brew can not start Weber next year with his job on the line.

There will be a legitimate competition starting at spring ball. Gray will not be handed the job ever. He'll get his shot to earn it on the field next year.

Having said that, I agree Iowa is a good game to give Gray a drive or two. I'm all for it if it happens.

Andy Hamilton from the Iowa City paper made this point with me: NW (Kafka), Michigan (Forcier), and Ohio State (Pryor) were able to gain yards vs. Iowa because of running QBs ... No. Iowa and the directional Ark. school also were able to move the ball because of running QBs ... Gray needs to get multiple series tomorrow.

Gray equals Foggie

Agred give the pig skin to Gray

Doogie how do you make a livng?

There will be a legitimate competition starting at spring ball. Gray will not be handed the job ever. He'll get his shot to earn it on the field next year.

Having said that, I agree Iowa is a good game to give Gray a drive or two. I'm all for it if it happens.

You can't have a legitimate competition when one of the QB's has no skills to compete. Weber just flat out sucks and Brewster will be fired with the results next year if Weber is still starting.

You can't have a legitimate competition when one of the QB's has no skills to compete. Weber just flat out sucks and Brewster will be fired with the results next year if Weber is still starting.

Are you talking about the Gopher QB Weber? How is he ranked on the all time gopher yardage list again. What is his crappy sucky standing. Obviously he must be damn near the bottom if he sucks. Where is he at again?

It's safe to say there will be a competition at QB next year. But with Weber, Gray, and Alipate all in a position to play, there will be absolutely no excuse for poor QB play next year. Zero.

With that said, I would love to see Gray get several series tomorrow. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Im praying we dont see the same old offense we have been watching all year. The run 3 yards, throw an incomplete pass than get sacked and punt offense. Brew needs to mix it up Im tired of seeing Gray run every time he's in the game, and when he has a really good run there is a flag thrown. Im hoping to be shocked tomorrow but Im expecting the worse which would lead to another Gopherhole meltdown.

The only real hope for tomorrow is that the Iowa offense is not that good.

I am talking about THE Adam Weber. He throws the ball at peoples feet, over their head, 3 feet to the right or left of his receivers and they need to make great catches to catch the ball. He holds onto the ball too long and throws picks that High school QB's would not throw. Yes He sucks and without the amazing Decker He would not be near any record except for the record of most sucky starting QB in the Conference. We would have beaten Illinois without Weber and Killed South Dakota without him.

The only real hope for tomorrow is that the Iowa offense is not that good.

Well, I think the real hope is that our offense will repeat their Michigan State performance, minus the 150 yards of penalties and Jimmy Vanderbeek melts down, allowing us to win 55-0.

If we're going to hope, hope big, baby.

I am talking about THE Adam Weber. He throws the ball at peoples feet, over their head, 3 feet to the right or left of his receivers and they need to make great catches to catch the ball. He holds onto the ball too long and throws picks that High school QB's would not throw. Yes He sucks and without the amazing Decker He would not be near any record except for the record of most sucky starting QB in the Conference. We would have beaten Illinois without Weber and Killed South Dakota without him.

You do know this makes you a bit of an idiot don't you? He's not playing well, gray might even do better. But he does not suck. Why is he not playing well? Many theories, a few even suggest it has nothing to do with him. But the top QB in the history of the University of Minnesota most certainly does not suck.

Schnoodler, you are the idiot and the only Weber idiot still left on here, it seems. Did you see him fall flat on his ass last week. HAvew you looked at other qbs around the country to see how sucky Weber is. Get a grip, man, and go abuse some chocolate ice cream

If hating Adam Weber makes me an Idiot, I am glad to be an Idiot. He can't throw the football and likes to take sacks instead of throwing the ball away. He looks completely lost out there. I hope Iowa gives him a career ending injury tomorrow early in the game so we have a shot at winning. But an injury that does not cause pain, I do have a heart after all.

I hope Iowa gives him a career ending injury tomorrow early in the game so we have a shot at winning. But an injury that does not cause pain, I do have a heart after all.

Over the line, dude. Seriously not cool.

Have an opinion. Talk about people sucking. I'm pretty much fine with it all. Don't start wishing injuries on people, though.

Sorry, I did say pain free though. How about I hope Weber contemplates his future and realizes that football is no longer apart of it. I hope he becomes a cheerleader for the Gopher program from the sidelines. I hope he lives a long prosperous life and has champagne wishes and caviar dreams

I hope Iowa gives him a career ending injury tomorrow early in the game so we have a shot at winning. But an injury that does not cause pain, I do have a heart after all.

Worst post of the day. And that says something, with govikesgo cluttering the board.

Schnoodler, you are the idiot and the only Weber idiot still left on here, it seems. Did you see him fall flat on his ass last week. HAvew you looked at other qbs around the country to see how sucky Weber is. Get a grip, man, and go abuse some chocolate ice cream

I guess I am in idiot also then ... no run game, below-average O-line play, foolishly his throwing style was played with, and he's in his 3rd offense in 4-years ... Weber was too good last year to all of the sudden be this bad ... lots of factors in play, and yes he has made some bad decisions (Ill. and SDSU pick sixes) ... I am still a believer in him.

I guess I am in idiot also then ... no run game, below-average O-line play, foolishly his throwing style was played with, and he's in his 3rd offense in 4-years ... Weber was too good last year to all of the sudden be this bad ... lots of factors in play, and yes he has made some bad decisions (Ill. and SDSU pick sixes) ... I am still a believer in him.

Those are excuses in my book. They fixed his throwing style to make it more suitable for an NFL game if he had any aspirations of a pro career and if he was good he would adjust to it and also adjust to the new offense. His play out there is worse than terrible. I loved him his freshman season and thought he could be good, I thought he had toughness and could get better with time.
Boy was I wrong

Those are excuses in my book. They fixed his throwing style to make it more suitable for an NFL game if he had any aspirations of a pro career and if he was good he would adjust to it and also adjust to the new offense. His play out there is worse than terrible. I loved him his freshman season and thought he could be good, I thought he had toughness and could get better with time.
Boy was I wrong

Weber is bad this year.. But I don't think it's his talent. You are forgetting they are in a WHOLE new offense. This isn't the spread (which padded his stats, no doubt). His 'suckiness' I think is more of a learning curve adjustment than him just being bad at playing QB.

And I think changing his throwing motion was a poor decision. It obviously affected his accuracy/strength.

Weber looks completely different than he did last year (which was his 2nd year in the spread.. probably because he adjusted and learned the offense). I'm willing to bet his year next year will be much better than this year. It has to be, because we actually have talent at the QB spot, and I'm sure Brewster wants to keep his job.

Weber is not that good and he will be the reason Brewster is fired. It's amazing that even though he hasn't coached the U in 3 years that the ghost of Mason will cost another coach his job.......

I'm sure everyone, including Weber, expected more out of Weber this year. He has not had a successful season given he is a three year starter. However, I am excited to see who wins out the quarterback competition next year. I expect Weber will improve over the offseason, getting used to the throwing motion and the offense. If Gray or Alipate beat him for the starting role, I'm sure he'll take it with class. If not, I think he will show more of what we expected this season. I am in favor of giving Gray a lot of looks this game. It would be invaluable experience, and is a wrinkle Iowa cannot be entirely ready to defend.

Weber is bad this year.. But I don't think it's his talent. You are forgetting they are in a WHOLE new offense. This isn't the spread (which padded his stats, no doubt). His 'suckiness' I think is more of a learning curve adjustment than him just being bad at playing QB.

And I think changing his throwing motion was a poor decision. It obviously affected his accuracy/strength.

Weber looks completely different than he did last year (which was his 2nd year in the spread.. probably because he adjusted and learned the offense). I'm willing to bet his year next year will be much better than this year. It has to be, because we actually have talent at the QB spot, and I'm sure Brewster wants to keep his job.

I have a hard time believing that Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Payton Manning, Phillip Rivers, etc... would not be able to adjust to new offenses and tweaks in their throwing motion. Why can't Weber? Could it be he is not that good?

Top Bottom