If I was/were Coach Jerry Kill and his Staff...

Dr.Don

Reaction score
I would say "I am out of here, not only Jesus Christ Himself can resurrect this program."

Dr. Don is finally broken. That is a sad day.

The attitude on these boards is as bad as that in the locker room. It takes time to change things. Focus on the positives and quit dwelling on the negatives or just quit following the team.

Maybe not Jesus, but how about GLEN MASON? LOL

I hate Mark May, but when the Gophers fired Glen Mason that dickweed said, essentially, "who does Minnesota think it is? they'll never do better than Glen Mason!"

The dickweed was, apparently, and unbelievably, right.

The attitude on these boards is as bad as that in the locker room. It takes time to change things. Focus on the positives and quit dwelling on the negatives or just quit following the team.

Yeah, what this team needs is less fans.

I'd rather have positive people helping support the program then whiners who drag it down and bad mouth it to potential fans. Same is true in the locker room where players with piss-poor attitudes help sway those uncertain. That leads to quitters on the field and quitters in the stands.

Alvarez showed 40-some players the door his first year, Kill appears to be following suit. They can take the bitchin'/moanin' cry baby fans with them.

I'd rather have positive people helping support the program then whiners who drag it down and bad mouth it to potential fans. Same is true in the locker room where players with piss-poor attitudes help sway those uncertain. That leads to quitters on the field and quitters in the stands.

Alvarez showed 40-some players the door his first year, Kill appears to be following suit. They can take the bitchin'/moanin' cry baby fans with them.

You're very wrong. The fans of this team DESERVE quality coaching, DESERVE quality effort, and DESERVE to have a team that does not embarrass them. The fans of this team fully deserve to bitch and moan. It's you rah-rah fellows who insist on always saying "everything's OK!" when it isn't that bring whole systems down.

I realize it is Kill's first season but yeah the rah rah crowd is getting annoying. How long does the rah rah crowd continue, it has already been 5 years.

Give back a portion of their salaries and endow a suicide help line for our long suffering fan base that has to watch this crap.

You're very wrong. The fans of this team DESERVE quality coaching, DESERVE quality effort, and DESERVE to have a team that does not embarrass them. The fans of this team fully deserve to bitch and moan. It's you rah-rah fellows who insist on always saying "everything's OK!" when it isn't that bring whole systems down.

+1

I don't get these morons who see our team get its a$$ handed to it, turn around and say "Don't be negative." WTF are you thinking? Oh yeah, let's be positive. At least the uniforms looked good while we got blown out. Really? This team is a horrible embarrassment and there is no sugar coating it. Live in your fantasy land that everything is ok. If everyone was positive over the state of things, nothing would change. This program is in shambles and there is no way to hide it. Having a positive attitude when the program is in the doldrums is the dumbest thing ever.

Maybe not Jesus, but how about GLEN MASON? LOL

I hate Mark May, but when the Gophers fired Glen Mason that dickweed said, essentially, "who does Minnesota think it is? they'll never do better than Glen Mason!"

The dickweed was, apparently, and unbelievably, right.

If you really believe that, then you've just as much a part of the problem. I didn't realize "never" means five years.

If you really believe that, then you've just as much a part of the problem. I didn't realize "never" means five years.

I'm not going to start up a Mason/etc. debate, so don't even try.

I'm not going to start up a Mason/etc. debate, so don't even try.

Had more to do with the fact that you believe we will never be better than mediocre. I'd rather take some chances at being better than that, but that's me.

How on earth is it possible to be embarrassed to be a fan of a football team. "I'm not wearing my Gopher hat to Target because somebody might make fun of me." Are you 12 years old?

I'm not saying fans don't deserve a better product. I'm saying whining about it like a child because it hasn't happened in 6 games is ridiculous. I know it's hard when the losses are ugly but we're obviously a program at rock bottom who is rebuilding. Be patient. Half this forum is filled with people venting and badmouthing the U as if they're an employee of the StarTribune.

Had more to do with the fact that you believe we will never be better than mediocre. I'd rather take some chances at being better than that, but that's me.

I said that so far Mark May was right. That's a fact. Get over it.
By the way, I agreed with the Mason firing, and still do to this day, so I really don't get your point.

Patience can only last so long. All I ask for is some sign of improvement in any area. This team has regressed as the year continues. Sad but true...

Patience can only last so long. All I ask for is some sign of improvement in any area. This team has regressed as the year continues. Sad but true...

Kick return for TD. How about 2 sacks? Kill is figuring out who's investing and who's throwing in the towel. As a team we look worse because some upper-classmen and projected starters weren't making the effort and were benched for younger, inexperienced players who will eventually surpass them but who not yet have.

I'm not saying fans don't deserve a better product. I'm saying whining about it like a child because it hasn't happened in 6 games is ridiculous. I know it's hard when the losses are ugly but we're obviously a program at rock bottom who is rebuilding. Be patient. Half this forum is filled with people venting and badmouthing the U as if they're an employee of the StarTribune.

It's not the getting slaughterd part that's tough. It's the zero-effort, bad mental mistakes, awful coaching, and player regression that really upsets me. I had season tickets through the Wacker years and was nowhere near as upset, because at least that team tried.

I would say "I am out of here, not only Jesus Christ Himself can resurrect this program."

Well who else besides Jesus? Can we this being to sign a contract to help with the turnaround?;)

Sorryy I missed this post before replying.

...and it may continue to look bad. It became obvious early on that our upperclassmen were not getting the job done so we are now seeing young players getting playing time much earlier than they should at any B10 program. In addition you have coaches moving players to different positions to see what they can do. My guess is that Kill and Co. are trying to see what they really have and it is likely not going to look better anytime soon. Next year we won't likely see the wins we all would like to see but I'm hoping with the continuity in the coaching staff that the team will be much more disciplined and much better in execution. If not, I'll start to be impatient. In reality the coaches are now coaching for next season and beyond. They won't come out and say it but that's what they need to do with a program that's in such disarray.

I'm not embarrassed by the gophs. Don't hardly see how a reasonable fan could be. It's a college football team, not my kids.

The U is still the coolest, awesomest, gnarliest college in the whole f-ing world and I'll always be a fan of it's teams.

I'm not embarrassed by the gophs. Don't hardly see how a reasonable fan could be. It's a college football team, not my kids.

The U is still the coolest, awesomest, gnarliest college in the whole f-ing world and I'll always be a fan of it's teams.

Yeah, well I'm a fan and embarrassed at the same time. When the Bball academic scandal happened were you not embarrassed? If not, you should have been. If you were, then you're just a hypocrite.

Please explain to me why I should have been embarrassed. I personally had absolutely nothing to do with the academic scandal. I should be ashamed because I happen to reside in the state?

In 4 years this team will have the following:

1) adequate depth and experience.
2) A roster full of kids who have had consistent quality coaching (same HC/OC/DC).

This team will look and play a whole lot differently in the coming years, you can bank on that. Right now we are experiencing the perfect storm of what makes a program bad. It's tough to watch and tough to say, but at this point this year is about little more than getting experience and learning how to practice and play.

How many starters in that 40? How many walk-ons? It matters to be specific in this case. The number matters only if it is important to team outcome. Prove it to be relevant.

As for being a good fan or bad, who elected you! Self appointed nonsense. People who really care don't post pseudo facts and postulate facts based on some kind of cult mysticism. And, people who care don't just shut up when something is wrong. They speak their minds to their friends and let the chips fall where they may. We all hate what is happening. Some of us have been involved enough to suggest changes. I will continue to make suggestions until they prove to be a self correcting organization. Zero evidence of that right now.

We all know the culture is messed up. We all know that something went terribly wrong so far this year. If we just leave, the AD will suffer financially. Not needed. We need to be loyal fans to the University, not the staff.

Top Bottom