"If I can beat cancer, you can beat Auburn."

Westfield Gopher

Reaction score

Yeah, I just read that. I am as cynical as they come and I have really started to believe in the goodness of PJ Fleck.

Great story, appreciate the contribution of something positive, real life and uplifting.

Man good thing he told the team because I know I can't beat Auburn!

It's addressed in the article. Apparently 5 and 6 were close together. He may also not be fully cancer free as they found spots on his lungs.
Thanks, couldn't open the article. If anyone deserves a huge break, it's this guy. So mild mannered, but tough as nails.

This is so gut wrenching and inspirational on many levels. Godspeed Casey and Andrea. You can do it!

Every single young man that is part of Gopher Football will get something more valuable than a college degree when they graduate.

We are so lucky to have PJ Fleck as football coach.

For those who can’t open the article, an 8 year old girl is responsible for that quote, not Casey.

———

“.....Brax’s connections to the Gophers deepened when Fleck invited her to give a speech in front of the entire team at the U’s Larson Football Performance Center days before they left for the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla., in late December.

In front of 100-plus players and staff, Brax delivered an eight-minute speech without a hitch or a visible jitter.

“She did it all, didn’t want any help with it,” Dan said. “She is a unique little girl.”

Her talk featured a line that Fleck felt like was a mic-drop moment at the end of the speech: “If I can beat cancer, you can beat Auburn.”

Translated into GopherSpeak it's "Ski U Mah."

Auburn certainly learned that by the end of the game.

It's this kind of stuff that make me think PJ and Heather will never leave, they are so invested in the community.

We really need to do something about all this dust in the air. It's getting in my eyes.

Tie this with what PJ said on Rome. This isn't a football program, it's a life program.

Really changes the perspective and it seems to be working.

Tie this with what PJ said on Rome. This isn't a football program, it's a life program.

Really changes the perspective and it seems to be working.

This. so important to realize what he does extends sooooo far beyond football. Helps he is winning on the field as well.
Love that guys were commenting on the Rome thing. Like AWjr. Just solidifies everything.

Top Bottom