If Gophers go to a bowl, who would coach the offense?

frannyjunk

Reaction score
There would be no one to coach the OL. No one to coach Leidner. Who will call the offensive plays? Did TC fire Limegrover and QB coach too soon???

Hope they just wing it with Leidner drawing plays on the palm of his hand .

This is what I want to see in the bowl game.

I said it in another thread, but coordinators on their way out coach in bowl games all the time.

There is a better chance I coach the offense than Limey.

The Gopher offense isn't exactly complex and the offensive coaches who have been around for years will probably be fine coaching it for one game. If the Gophers hired a new OC before the bowl game, I am not sure how much that guy could help. He's not going to ask the guys to learn an entirely new offense for one bowl game.

Offensive coaches still on the staff are Pat Poore, Rob Reeves & Brian Anderson. Poore is the only one with any coordinating experience, I assume it would be him too.

Weber got a lot of credit for Leidner's improvement from Jerry

So, between Brian Anderson, Pat Poore, Rob Reeves, Adam Weber, Trevor Olson and Tracy Claeys...I bet they figure it out. They'll have 15 practices to refine responsibilities. Tracy, obviously has pretty strong opinions on what he wants from an offense.

That would not be a good message at all, to send to your team about your senior captain.

Being captain doesn't assure ML anything and it shouldn't. With the indications that TC is giving on what he wants for changes in this offense I fully expect a full competition at QB next year. I have supported ML all year as the best QB on our team, but he isn't terribly athletic and I think TC's style of offense is going to need that more than Kills/Limeys did. If Croft is capable, he absolutely should get some time in the Bowl game to show what he can do.

There would be no one to coach the OL. No one to coach Leidner. Who will call the offensive plays? Did TC fire Limegrover and QB coach too soon???
I'm not worried as long as the person calling the plays can manage the clock as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here's the thing, if I remember correctly, TC just said their contracts would not be renewed for the next season, not that they were fired. If that is the case, weren't all the coaches signed until Jan 1st after Jerry stepped down? Meaning they would still be under contract during a bowl game? Correct me if I'm getting something wrong.

LOL, why?..

If winning this game were so important to us, we probably would not have fired our OC and QB coach already. May as well get Croft some experience since his redshirt is lost anyway. I don't know what is gained from playing Leidner every snap.

Here's the thing, if I remember correctly, TC just said their contracts would not be renewed for the next season, not that they were fired. If that is the case, weren't all the coaches signed until Jan 1st after Jerry stepped down? Meaning they would still be under contract during a bowl game? Correct me if I'm getting something wrong.

I believe that you are correct that they are still under contract (and getting paid) through the end of the month. Even if that's true, however, would you really want two guys who know that they are being let go hanging around the team for another month? They will be spending their time finding new jobs, getting their houses on the market, looking into new schools for their kids, etc. The Gophers will be short-handed, but that's the norm when these things happen.

I believe that you are correct that they are still under contract (and getting paid) through the end of the month. Even if that's true, however, would you really want two guys who know that they are being let go hanging around the team for another month? They will be spending their time finding new jobs, getting their houses on the market, looking into new schools for their kids, etc. The Gophers will be short-handed, but that's the norm when these things happen.

I would agree, you let the guys gracefully exit and #RUTM. I just see Brooks manhandling the team like Purdue.

Just keep it simple and run jet sweeps all game.

Top Bottom