If Fleck left, do you want Rossi

• Yes

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Maybe after a big search

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Well, we have plenty of PJs to take the place of which ever one goes there.
Right, we could just have Tanner pull a reverse-Eric-Curry and take over the head coach position a couple of years early.

To the OP's question - I voted for the search option. But I would absolutely think that Rossi would get a long look as the possible replacement.

That said, I am also in the camp that thinks Fleck is going to be here for a long time.

In my opinion, I really do not think Fleck would want the aggravation associated with the Michigan job......constant questioning of his "Row the Boat" approach........

In my opinion, I really do not think Fleck would want the aggravation associated with the Michigan job......constant questioning of his "Row the Boat" approach........
Because his approach never gets questioned by the media or fans here?

Fleck has a $10M buyout. Fickell and Campbell are less than 1/2 that number.

I agree. I also think row the boat sells to 3-star guys more than 5 star guys for the most part

Fleck has a $10M buyout. Fickell and Campbell are less than 1/2 that number.
Michigan job is obviously why it came to mind, but I want to know where fans heads are at next December if it’s another job

I'd like to see a search if that was the case. I think we have elevated ourselves a tier higher since we hired Fleck, and would trust Coyle to find a good replacement. I don't think a Rossi HC would be the end of the world, but feel we could find a guy with some higher level experience.

I'd like to see a search if that was the case. I think we have elevated ourselves a tier higher since we hired Fleck, and would trust Coyle to find a good replacement. I don't think a Rossi HC would be the end of the world, but feel we could find a guy with some higher level experience.
Rossi seems like a guy that would be the automatic interim coach if that scenario ever happened, but I would want us to have a national search for a top candidate.

Why take a job where the measuring stick is whether you are able to regularly beat one of the best teams in college football? Stay here and beat WI and IA and you are set for life.

Why take a job where the measuring stick is whether you are able to regularly beat one of the best teams in college football? Stay here and beat WI and IA and you are set for life.
Yep, he could be the next Ferentz/Alvarez type coach here and be set for life.
Hard to truly know what his ambitions are though.

Rossi seems like a guy that would be the automatic interim coach if that scenario ever happened, but I would want us to have a national search for a top candidate.
Yep, thats exactly where I would be at. I would just question his recruiting chops and how connected he would be to bring in solid assistants. Don't get me wrong, still love Rossi and he has been a huge asset for the team.

I have a feeling the Michigan media cares more about Michigan football than the Twin Cities media does about Minnesota football and it's not even close!
Of course, but at the same time they are willing to throw more resources behind their program as well. I have no idea what PJ wants to do, but I think it's silly to just assume he wouldn't listen to a bigger job.

If PJ left for Michigan, he would be like Dan Monson leaving Gonzaga to Minnesota and Rossi would be our Mark Few.

Regardless of Fleck to Michigan talk ... the OP question is still an interesting one.

Let me frame it like this: say we had either KC or Rossi become the Head Coach, promote internally to fill the open coordinator spot (or in Rossi case, let's say he hires Harasymiak back), and hire a new position coach (if needed).

What would be the major difference? What would we "lose" with that coaching setup, over having Fleck here and like it is now?

The biggest stuff is all the salesmanship, culture, etc. that Fleck drives.

Would either KC or Rossi, be able to replicate that to a reasonable degree? And more important, how important do you think that stuff ultimately is?

I think if he leaves at any point before the season now you gauge interest outside the program unless you already feel Rossi is the coach in waiting. (which I doubt he is) I would think plenty of coaches would be interested.

Harbaugh can coach both teams at once so why do we even need Fleck?

I don't see us hiring a coordinator with no HC experience to replace Fleck. I would see us hiring another up and coming HC.
Yeah and I love Rossi as much as the next guy, but he's a relatively inexperienced coordinator, albeit a very talented one.

Top Bottom