SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Weakling Wednesday (1st Round)
#12 Maryland (2-5) vs. #13 PSU (0-4)
#11 MSU (2-4) vs. #14 Nebraska (0-5)

2nd Round
#8 Indiana (3-4) vs. #9 Rutgers (3-5)
#5 Purdue (5-3) vs. Maryland/PSU winner
#7 GOPHERS (4-4) vs. #10 Northwestern (3-5)
#6 OSU (5-3) vs. MSU/Nebraska winner

Quarterfinals
#1 Michigan (6-1) vs. Indiana/Rutgers winner
#4 Illinois (5-3) vs. Purdue/Maryland/PSU winner
#2 Iowa (6-1) vs. GOPHERS/Northwestern winner
#3 Wisconsin (5-2) vs. OSU/MSU/Nebraska winner

We need to move up, Iowa is probably the best team in the B1G. Or stay put and wait for Iowa to assume their spot on the throne.

I hate the Big Ten. There just aren't a lot of teams I feel comfortable playing

If there is a B10 Tournament...move up to 6th and get in the Wiscy bracket...or move up to 4th and get a first round bye...

Tickles me to see the Spartans in weakling Wednesday. The annoying part about the BTT is it is affected by the difficulty or lack therof of teams' schedules. For example, Purdue has a very easy schedule and NW a brutal one. No way around it unless play 26 conference games, which is unlikely. Would be nice if we could get the 4 seed.

Last edited:

Even 5 seed woudl be nice, extra game but maybe easier????

There is not an easy draw unless we feel we match up better against someone. We can beat anybody.

Pretty brutal Friday matchup no matter how you slice it. That said, I am certain almost all of the programs ahead of us DON'T want to see the Gophers as their Friday matchup as well. Cuts both ways.
Wouldn't you want to see the Gophers on Friday in the B1G Tourney?

1. It's an away game for the Gophers.
2. I don't need any more points until they prove otherwise.

Gophers have proven they can beat anyone in the conference. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Would like a top 4 finish—certainly doable.
I really think its Michigan/Iowa in the top tier and then everyone else. Iowa’s defense makes them susceptible to losing though.

If fans are not going to be able to attend (or extremely limited thus fanbases are not going to make the trip) I would suggest reducing the field by at least 2 teams, maybe more.

This season is all about getting to the finish line (NCAA Tourney) in as good as shape as possible.

If fans are not going to be able to attend (or extremely limited thus fanbases are not going to make the trip) I would suggest reducing the field by at least 2 teams, maybe more.

This season is all about getting to the finish line (NCAA Tourney) in as good as shape as possible.

Then it isn't a conference tournament. Its a part of the conference tournament. The teams deserve a chance to play for a shot at the NCAA Tourney

Then it isn't a conference tournament. Its a part of the conference tournament. The teams deserve a chance to play for a shot at the NCAA Tourney
You might be the most dedicated poster in this board. Posting hoops thoughts mid inaugural address!!

Several conferences don't invite all the teams, in any year (ie MAC, Ivy and America East). I would only propose this for this year. Strong possibility not all 14 Big 10 Teams will even be able to participate, unless the pandemic takes a strong turn for the better.

Several conferences don't invite all the teams, in any year (ie MAC, Ivy and America East). I would only propose this for this year. Strong possibility not all 14 Big 10 Teams will even be able to participate, unless the pandemic takes a strong turn for the better.

I don't care what other conferences do. I want all 14 teams there, if able to with covid protocols.

Enjoy all the different opinions. My stance is not all teams deserve a chance.

Sounds like B10 tournament is totally up in the air, including site. My guess is they will include everyone (unless COVID issues) or none and have it in Indy if at all...

Sounds like B10 tournament is totally up in the air, including site. My guess is they will include everyone (unless COVID issues) or none and have it in Indy if at all...

Indy would make sense if they have it at all, just keep the teams in place for those that make the NCAA. Without fans, the only real cash they would be out is whatever CBS pays for the Semis/Finals, all the other games are on BTN.

Maybe the expense of staging the event makes it just not worth the effort and risks.

Could also use the extra week for make-up regular season games.

Enjoy all the different opinions. My stance is not all teams deserve a chance.

Oh. I definitely get that. But then it needs to be defined before the season. I don’t like moving the goal posts mid season. Its like fans who say “If pitino beats Iowa then I’ll believe” and after the Iowa win say “well, let’s see him win on the road” etc.

Oh. I definitely get that. But then it needs to be defined before the season. I don’t like moving the goal posts mid season. Its like fans who say “If pitino beats Iowa then I’ll believe” and after the Iowa win say “well, let’s see him win on the road” etc.
Good one! Then after the quality road win, it’s “well, let’s see them finish in the top four of the Big 10”, and after that, it’s “I’m not a believer until they win the Big 10”, and after that, “I’ll wait until they make the Final Four”, and then, “They have never won a Natty”. Not sure what would be next, but there would be something.

I get that sentiment, but the reality is lot of things have been modified on the fly since March 2020. NHL, NBA & MLB changed their play-off structure and the NFL had a back-up plan. The Big 10 changed it's qualification for the Football Championship less than 2 weeks before it was played.

I get that sentiment, but the reality is lot of things have been modified on the fly since March 2020. NHL, NBA & MLB changed their play-off structure and the NFL had a back-up plan. The Big 10 changed it's qualification for the Football Championship less than 2 weeks before it was played.

I don’t disagree that they can change. I don’t think they should

Good one! Then after the quality road win, it’s “well, let’s see them finish in the top four of the Big 10”, and after that, it’s “I’m not a believer until they win the Big 10”, and after that, “I’ll wait until they make the Final Four”, and then, “They have never won a Natty”. Not sure what would be next, but there would be something.
There will be those kinds of fans. Just like fans that say he is a great coach after a big win or that we a strong program after one year of decent play. That is part of what makes up fan bases. Everyone has their own definition of what satisfies. The only one all fans agree on is winning it all.

Top Bottom