If Anyone Has a Better Memory Than Me

PoockItInfor6

Reaction score
Or a way to look it up… Anyone have a list of the games where people have rushed the field in the last 20 years or so??

Nebraska 2013
Iowa 2014? (51 unanswered pts game)
Iowa Jeff Horton game

Did Gopher fans EVER rush the field in the Metrodome? I can’t remember one instance when that happened and quite frankly most of the bigger wins of that era were on the road. Of course we all remember Iowa fans tearing down the goalposts. That will stick with me like the 84-13 drubbing at the hands of the bug eaters.

At the bank, we have a couple Iowa wins early, Penn State ‘19 of course, and the first win over Nebraska. Was the Nebraska field rush the one where the security guard in the NE corner was crushing random kids when they tried to run past him?

Last edited:

Did Gopher fans EVER rush the field in the Metrodome? I can remember one instance when that happened and quite frankly most of the bigger wins of that era were on the road. Of course we all remember Iowa fans tearing down the goalposts. That will stick with me like the 84-13 drubbing at the hands of the bug eaters.

At the bank, we have a couple Iowa wins early, Penn State ‘19 of course, and the first win over Nebraska. Was the Nebraska field rush the one where the security guard in the NE corner was crushing random kids when they tried to run past him?
I came from the SE corner and there wasn't anyone there

Here's hoping there's a storming coming up against wisconsin.

It's likely with a win, for sure if it puts the Gophers to a West title.

Did Gopher fans EVER rush the field in the Metrodome? I can remember one instance when that happened and quite frankly most of the bigger wins of that era were on the road. Of course we all remember Iowa fans tearing down the goalposts. That will stick with me like the 84-13 drubbing at the hands of the bug eaters.

2003 Michigan was going to be lit, with riot police circling both the student section and campus starting at the end of Q3. But, ya know...

2003 Michigan was going to be lit, with riot police circling both the student section and campus starting at the end of Q3. But, ya know...
I remember this. I had stood in line since 6am that morning to get a front row seat in the student section. The security came out I'm 3rd qtr when we started chanting " we want the jug"

My gosh. B1g championship, Pasadena all lost in 12 minutes

It says Alabama and Florida have never rushed the field. I'm assuming Ohio St and Michigan never have. Anyone else? Penn St maybe?
Ever Big Ten team has, save for the Illini and Spartans, the info is in the quoted post

It says Alabama and Florida have never rushed the field. I'm assuming Ohio St and Michigan never have. Anyone else? Penn St maybe?

The article says Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan all have. Michigan is damn skippy going to storm and storm hard if they beat OSU at home this year.

Only stadium logistics seem to stop them. There's reasons to storm that aren't upsets, like winning conference, undefeated season, major rivalry game, etc.

If one wants to take the time to search for each team individually, a youtube video will always be found. Here for example is Purdue storming the field after a 2018 win against OSU.

from a philosophical perspective, field storming IMHO should be reserved for truly monumental events - winning a conference title, for instance.

Hey, upsets are fun, but if fans are going to storm the field every time a team upsets a higher-rated team, then field storming IMHO becomes less special and almost more routine.

I would rather see field storming take place less often but have more impact. Just my opinion.

from a philosophical perspective, field storming IMHO should be reserved for truly monumental events - winning a conference title, for instance.

Hey, upsets are fun, but if fans are going to storm the field every time a team upsets a higher-rated team, then field storming IMHO becomes less special and almost more routine.

I would rather see field storming take place less often but have more impact. Just my opinion.
Agreed -- though I do think monumental can include moribund teams doing something great like in 2010 vs Iowa. But not UMass getting off the schneid to win a game against winless UConn.

This will be unpopular but I hope our fans don’t do something like that. I don’t want us to lower ourselves to the behavior of Hawkeye fans.
I don't think that's unpopular. Don't be trashy like Iowa fans. You can storm the field without vandalizing.

2019 I went to the PSU game with my son and a couple of his friends (and the other dads). We asked the kids before the game if they wanted to storm the field when we won. They said yes, so we stormed the field. It's a memory we'll have forever. The actual storming the field experience wasn't that exciting though.

Top Bottom