Ibrahim

kg21

Reaction score
It's driving me nuts.

Is his injury a complete achilles tear or what exactly?

Can he be 100%

How do you expect anyone to know how Ibrahim will heal in the next 8-9 months? He doesn’t know. Doctors don’t know. Coaches don’t know.
that's why I asked is it a complete achilles tear or what?

That's helps one know if it generally heals 100%

that's why I asked is it a complete achilles tear or what?

That's helps one know if it generally heals 100
Send him a message and ask. I don’t think that info has been released. The many threads on Mo discuss this.

Running backs almost never fully recover from a fully torn Achilles. I'm afraid his best days on the gridiron are behind him.

Why does it matter? Are you serious?

If he is back to 100%, that's huge.

If he's 80%, that sucks.
I don't know, 80% of Mo to go along with Ky and Irving sounds ok to me.

Think you are just going to have to be content with not knowing and watching like the rest of us to see how much he is able to do as practices get going.

Running backs almost never fully recover from a fully torn Achilles. I'm afraid his best days on the gridiron are behind him.
Unfortunately, this is likely the truth for Mo. I hope the staff finds a role for him and really eases him back. I like the idea of using him in short yardage, pass blocking scenarios, but limiting his touches to no more than 10 per game. At least early in the year.

In the NFL, I can't think of a single example of a running back who returned from an Achilles injury.

I’ve seen it referenced that he ruptured his Achilles’ tendon. What that means exactly I don’t know.
Same. I was excluded from being an orthopedic surgeon when they realized I wasn’t very bright. Google says it’s a partial or full tear.

FWIW Mo is walking well and not in a boot.

Same. I was excluded from being an orthopedic surgeon when they realized I wasn’t very bright. Google says it’s a partial or full tear.

FWIW Mo is walking well and not in a boot.
I ruptured my Achilles and although at that time I was only 90-95% of the athlete that Moe is, I'll offer my own experience and what I gleaned. Very good that he's up and about as fast as possible.

From what I gathered, your recovery can go about as well and as fast as your doctor and support staff want to be 'aggressive'. My business partner was in a cast for like 6-7 weeks, the atrophy was just terrible by that point, and his recovery was long. I pressed my doctor a little bit and I got out of the cast and into a boot in 8 days I think. My recovery was much, much quicker and I obviously had to deal with significantly less muscle atrophy in that calf.

He's obviously going to have the best care available and I'm sure he'll be as good as can be for 2022. Based on my time frame (and I was like 40 or so when mine happened), I wouldn't even rule out Moe being ready for some type of participation in spring ball, but I doubt they push him that fast.

He’s gravy for the RB room and team. More talent, more options and competition
It's a lot more than gravy. If Mo is back as Mo, he and Ky will be one and two with most of the carries. That opens the door to developing a serious kick return game around Bucky and a third back role for Bucky as receiver out of the backfield and slot.

Unfortunately, this is likely the truth for Mo. I hope the staff finds a role for him and really eases him back. I like the idea of using him in short yardage, pass blocking scenarios, but limiting his touches to no more than 10 per game. At least early in the year.

In the NFL, I can't think of a single example of a running back who returned from an Achilles injury.
Edgar Bennett- lasted 1 year

Marlon Mack - RB / Indianapolis this year - he was inactive today but has played some behind Taylor.

Edgar Bennett- lasted 1 year

Marlon Mack - RB / Indianapolis this year - he was inactive today but has played some behind Taylor.
Yeah, I think Mikel Leshoure played a bit after coming back from an Achilles too.

I ruptured my Achilles and although at that time I was only 90-95% of the athlete that Moe is, I'll offer my own experience and what I gleaned. Very good that he's up and about as fast as possible.

From what I gathered, your recovery can go about as well and as fast as your doctor and support staff want to be 'aggressive'. My business partner was in a cast for like 6-7 weeks, the atrophy was just terrible by that point, and his recovery was long. I pressed my doctor a little bit and I got out of the cast and into a boot in 8 days I think. My recovery was much, much quicker and I obviously had to deal with significantly less muscle atrophy in that calf.

He's obviously going to have the best care available and I'm sure he'll be as good as can be for 2022. Based on my time frame (and I was like 40 or so when mine happened), I wouldn't even rule out Moe being ready for some type of participation in spring ball, but I doubt they push him that fast.
I tore my Achilles heel running a marathon nine years ago. It took about a year to recover.

Since then, my charley horses got very intense running long distances.

I am done with Marathons and Half Marathons.

He is young and will recover faster. There will be lingering questions with how this fully torn Achilles heel will affect his running.

I hope that his recovery is complete.

Kevin Durant seems to be holding up well in a sport way more demanding of your Achilles than football.
My doctor says a complete tear is better than a partial tear to get closer to full recovery. The key is to have the injury occur at the heel and not tear from the muscle. From the heal, they can staple it back in place. Then it is a simple case of keeping it still till the scar tissue grows and solidifies the tendon.
If torn from the muscle, you have no foundation to start the procedure from and you will have elongation of the tendon. Resulting in less dynamic capability.
He said for partially torn from the heal, for an athlete he would just complete the tear and start from scratch to retain former capability.

Why does it matter? Are you serious?

If he is back to 100%, that's huge.

If he's 80%, that sucks.
He should be 100 percent by the opener next year. We know what we have so his Spring work load will be minimal, just focus on the rehab and Mo will be fine.

Top Bottom