Ibrahim Returning to Gophers for 2021

MisterGopher

Reaction score

Makes me pretty optimistic about the offense. Hopefully the defense can keep improving and we'll see a very competitive team next year.

IMO, Mo making the decision to come back is a good indicator that Big Dan and Dunlap will also be back and playing next year.

Honestly if he can improve his 100m dash time just a smidge this off-season he could run for 2500 yards

Doesn’t run. 100 yd.. maybe improve his 20yd dash time would be more meaningful. But I agree - improved time means more yards.

Doesn’t run. 100 yd.. maybe improve his 20yd dash time would be more meaningful. But I agree - improved time means more yards.
He already has good 20-40 yard speed.
The only thing that could increase his draft stock from a 3-5th round type to a 1-2 round type is rattling off some 50+ yard touchdown runs next year

I’m delighted Mo is coming back. A little surprised, but him mentioning his desire to get his degree is admirable.

I don’t track the NFL much and the draft even less. Mo was B1G RB of the year and looks like an NFL guy to me. Does anyone who tracks this stuff have any thoughts on where Mo would have been drafted had he gone out?

He will never be a burner, that is not Mo. He is who he is and that is clearly pretty good. I think the big difference with him, besides his vision and decision making, is his pass blocking. He stops those blitzing linebackers/rush ends in their tracks. He will get his yards in the NFL and he will pop up and hand the ball to the ref as he does now and he will be ready for the NFL, prepared by PJ and Co. Emmit Smith is the best comparison to Mo I can think of.

I’m delighted Mo is coming back. A little surprised, but him mentioning his desire to get his degree is admirable.

I don’t track the NFL much and the draft even less. Mo was B1G RB of the year and looks like an NFL guy to me. Does anyone who tracks this stuff have any thoughts on where Mo would have been drafted had he gone out?
I have no idea what people project him as but I have to believe he is too good and productive to not be 3-5th round but he doesn’t have the top end speed to be 1-2nd round.

I would think if he improves his top end speed and busts a couple of 50+ touchdown runs showing he won’t get caught from behind on long runs next year he could improve his stock a great deal actually.
And top end speed is actually something you can train and get better at in an offseason.

I was already high on Mo but his performance against GT was what gave me confidence going forward into 2019 and 2020. The GT fans online were not only impressed with the O Line play but particularly how Mo plowed through their defenders at the second level.

I'm not a big NFL guy myself but hard to believe he wouldn't fit into a number of offenses at the next level.

Also, current and now-former players handing the ball directly to the refs is becoming a Minnesota "thing." The most egregious case to me of this not happening under Coach Flect was a year ago in the Outback Bowl when Tyler made a great catch and then dropped a spinning football on the field. I noted it then to Mrs. Billd that I guess he's ready to move on expecting no repercussions. To his credit I've seen him hand the ball to refs several times with Tampa Bay. Back to form.

Happy New Year to all!

Mo (+ our OL's run-blocking) was the reason we still did fairly well on offense this year. He made it look like Sanford wasn't bad, except the times when Sanford was exceptionally terrible.

I have no idea what people project him as but I have to believe he is too good and productive to not be 3-5th round but he doesn’t have the top end speed to be 1-2nd round.

I would think if he improves his top end speed and busts a couple of 50+ touchdown runs showing he won’t get caught from behind on long runs next year he could improve his stock a great deal actually.
And top end speed is actually something you can train and get better at in an offseason.
Yeah, this seems about right to me as well. Zack Moss seems like a good comp and was drafted in the 3rd round last year. Highly productive workhorse in college, short but with a solid build, not used much in the passing game, concerns about top end speed (4.65 forty). Honestly, I think wherever Ibrahim ends up he'll see the field a lot. I said this in another thread, but he reminds me of James Robinson: doesn't wow you and his measurables don't jump off the page, but by the end of training camp you realize he's got the most vision, pass blocking skills, and yards after contact of any RB on the roster.

Yeah, this seems about right to me as well. Zack Moss seems like a good comp and was drafted in the 3rd round last year. Highly productive workhorse in college, short but with a solid build, not used much in the passing game, concerns about top end speed (4.65 forty). Honestly, I think wherever Ibrahim ends up he'll see the field a lot. I said this in another thread, but he reminds me of James Robinson: doesn't wow you and his measurables don't jump off the page, but by the end of training camp you realize he's got the most vision, pass blocking skills, and yards after contact of any RB on the roster.
Love the James Robinson comp.

“I am looking forward to coming back and making more memories in 2021 – which will also include getting my degree,” Ibrahim wrote on Twitter.

Great news! Go for first-team All-America!

Top Bottom