Ibrahim highlight video - Outback Bowl

Love what Smith and Brooks gave to this program and, especially with Brooks, will always have a “what could have been” without their injuries, but I feel Mo is better suited for this offense and has a higher ceiling. Here’s hoping he stays healthy as I see him as a 1st/2nd team All B1G type when all is said and done.

It's been said elsewhere, but I truly believe Ibrahim is every bit as good as Smith and Brooks -- and even better in some ways. I wanted to see him get more carries this season, but I totally understood having those 6th year seniors carry the load. They're both really talented and showed a ton of heart and love for the program by returning this year. Kudos to them both, but I have zero worries about the running game next season.

Love Kieft’s reaction after the last play, pretty sure we were all doing that.

Even after Auburn fully realized they were in a dogfight (right, Benetti?) it didn’t get any better for them. Incredible domination in the trench, consistently blowing them backwards, getting to the linebackers. Ibrahim running like a man possessed. Just beautiful all around, and they’re all coming back in 2020.

That's what I noticed too watching that video. Big holes in the d-line and of course Ibrahim breaking tackles and contact.
Seemed to me that Auburn was more concerned with our passing attack and felt they could contain our running attack with their front 7. We struggled when teams took away our run and made us get into 3rd and long situations. Their defensive approach really played into what we wanted to do.

It’s difficult to see full speed, but on that last play, Schlueter pushed Derrick Brown back 10 yards, mostly by himself. Mo somehow found a little crease to run through when it didn’t look like there was one.

They should have put the play in where he didn’t get the first down but hit the S so hard he injured him. Hardest run of the game.

They should have put the play in where he didn’t get the first down but hit the S so hard he injured him. Hardest run of the game.
Yes, that play was great and the hit was loud. Classic Mo, he just popped up and went back to the offense.

Yes the last one is my favorite as well. Fires up the whole team and the fans every time something like this happens. Everyone works harder and yells harder when something like this happens.

Looked like a power scrum and many Auburn fans were shocked that we could dominate them @ the LOS. We did that on both sides of the ball all day.

1) Offensive line did an amazing job against a very good defensive line.
2) Mo's vision is very good. He finds the gap then blasts anyone in his way. Love it.

You can see that vision very well in that last "herd" push. Mo initially had a hole similar to the ones that resulted in big runs for him earlier in the game. However, the Auburn D lineman broke away from the block and probably would have closed the hole. Mo turned into the pack, buried himself in it, and let the group momentum help carry him to another first down easily.

Another satisfying part of that last shot is seeing the reaction of their celebrated defensive end Marlon Davidson (#3) - a former high school All American - stumble away from the group and bend over with his hands on his knees in fatigue and frustration. Unlike Derrick Brown, Davidson didn't get the double team treatment all day long but he still had a rough day. Go to one of the other highlight videos and see the fantastic one-on-one blocking job Ko Kieft put on him during that 73 yard touchdown pass play.

Seemed to me that Auburn was more concerned with our passing attack and felt they could contain our running attack with their front 7. We struggled when teams took away our run and made us get into 3rd and long situations. Their defensive approach really played into what we wanted to do.
They definitely made a big effort to take away the RPO slants which they did for the most part. But Simon did a great job countering with more traditional play action passes.

I wanted to see him get more carries this season,

The good news is that since he was used sparingly, this is a red-shirt year for him and has one additional year of eligibility.

The good news is that since he was used sparingly, this is a red-shirt year for him and has one additional year of eligibility.
He definitely played in more than 4 games this year and already redshirted. Are you thinking of Bryce Williams?

That was the most surprising thing to me when I watched the game. I thought "we don't run this well against most Big Ten teams." Apparently, if that was their strategy, they didn't learn the right lessons from our toughest games - as you wrote - "We struggled when teams took away our run." After all, Tanner completed 69.4% of his passes for 368 yards against Iowa but we still didn't win in large part because we couldn't get anything on the ground.

Love what Smith and Brooks gave to this program and, especially with Brooks, will always have a “what could have been” without their injuries, but I feel Mo is better suited for this offense and has a higher ceiling. Here’s hoping he stays healthy as I see him as a 1st/2nd team All B1G type when all is said and done.

Mo really is the quintessential Big Ten back for an offense like ours.

Just like last season, he saved his best for last. He has been outstanding in both of his bowls and might have repeated his bowl MVP award if not for the spectacular performance by Ty Johnson.

I felt he deserved to be the presumptive starter this season based on his outstanding freshman year but that was not to be. Rodney responded with a fine season and Mo handled his second banana status like a true professional. I agree with you that, barring injury, he should be on an All Big Ten team in the future.

I also think he is better suited.
Mo isn’t as good as the other two at a lot of things but he is better at reading and cutting on inside zone plays.
And that’s a pretty large part of our offense

Mo looked hurt most of the year. The bowl game was another story. Full tilt. If he can stay healthy love the way he runs.

Yeah. They went with the Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska game plan.
They should’ve gone with the Iowa, Wisconsin, South Dakota State, Georgia Southern game plan

Even as good as our passing attack is, when you can’t run you have to execute almost perfect to beat a team simply by passing.

Top Bottom