I wish the hoops game last night would of happened at the high point of FB recruiting

aarons41

Reaction score
I wish we would of had a big recruiting weekend for football last night. The crowd and atmosphere was great. I am sure they had a lot of kids on unofficals last night, but that crowd would of helped Jerry Kill's coaches close the doors on top recruits last night. Hopefully that type of crazy crowd shows up for some Saturday afternoons as well next fall. It was a great home court/feild advantage and makes the games so fun. Excellent job by the students, but even a better job by the general crowd. It was a great game to attend.

Tweets last night from @Elmore2014 who was at the game and has a Gophers and Nebraska offer:

"The Barn is rocking #HolyMann"

"The question is if the gophers win, do we storm the court? #UpsetAlert #GreatGame"

"Never been in an atmosphere like this #MyGod a guy could get used to this"

"That talk I had with Coach Kill thoo >>>"

Go Gophers!!

Fantastic game and atmosphere. I am guessing from the Twitter messages above that Coach Kill was at the game with recruits. As I was walking up to the game last night, I was thinking that Tubby should have Coach Kill address the team before the game (not joking), because to me Kill can deliver that type of fire up message the way Clem and other coaches can.

Fantastic game and atmosphere. I am guessing from the Twitter messages above that Coach Kill was at the game with recruits. As I was walking up to the game last night, I was thinking that Tubby should have Coach Kill address the team before the game (not joking), because to me Kill can deliver that type of fire up message the way Clem and other coaches can.

Yep, Coach Kill was right behind Christian Ponder and John Sullivan behind the Gophers bench. Kill was taking a ton of pictures with fans after the court rush.

Go Gophers!!

Tweets last night from @Elmore2014 who was at the game and has a Gophers and Nebraska offer:

"The Barn is rocking #HolyMann"

"The question is if the gophers win, do we storm the court? #UpsetAlert #GreatGame"

"Never been in an atmosphere like this #MyGod a guy could get used to this"

"That talk I had with Coach Kill thoo >>>"

Go Gophers!!

I believe he also tweeted that if it were up to his dad he'd already be committed to the Gophers.

I wish we would of had a big recruiting weekend for football last night. It was a great game to attend.

The same thought about football recruiting crossed my mind. Then I thought that it hasn't or doesn't seem to have helped Duke football that much. So maybe it does help some and maybe it doesn't, but it can't hurt. Go Gophers!

The same thought about football recruiting crossed my mind. Then I thought that it hasn't or doesn't seem to have helped Duke football that much. So maybe it does help some and maybe it doesn't, but it can't hurt. Go Gophers!

Or Kansas, or Memphis, or UNLV, or ...

The whole "basketball success helps football recruiting (or vice versa)" is a recurring meme here over the last couple of years, and it's obnoxious because there is a ton of empirical evidence against it, and I have yet to see a single football recruit say, "Man, did you see that Duke win over UNC hoops last night? I want to play for David Cutcliffe now!!"

Yep, Coach Kill was right behind Christian Ponder and John Sullivan behind the Gophers bench. Kill was taking a ton of pictures with fans after the court rush.

Go Gophers!!

Very cool! Any TWolves players on hand? The Barn when it's electric like last night cannot be beat.

Or Kansas, or Memphis, or UNLV, or ...

The whole "basketball success helps football recruiting (or vice versa)" is a recurring meme here over the last couple of years, and it's obnoxious because there is a ton of empirical evidence against it, and I have yet to see a single football recruit say, "Man, did you see that Duke win over UNC hoops last night? I want to play for David Cutcliffe now!!"

+1!

Very cool! Any TWolves players on hand? The Barn when it's electric like last night cannot be beat.

The Wolves were busy preparing to no-show the 1st half in Phoenix and eventually choke away another victory they should have had late. You wanna talk about teams who are just plain struggling....my word it's getting bad at Target Center.

I'm not sure if Ponder was there more to watch the game, or due to the fact that his wife was the sideline reporter for ESPN also last night.

Wow, wasn't even aware that they played. I know I view things from Golden Glasses, but when Gopher BBall or Gopher Football is playing well, they can become the focus of this sport's scene.

Top Bottom