I wish one reporter...

Players go to Claeys and he goes to Coyle and he goes to Kaler. They aren't entitled to information in this case.

If 10 players can be suspended and MC and EK don't feel they need to put effort into managing the perception and morale from the team, they are so negligent in their responsibilities and million dollar contracts I don't know what to say. Saying "they aren't entitled to information" and suggesting things should just proceed business as usual is idiotic.

Good articles in Wall Street Journal and Boston Globe about the lack
of due process at the University

Well the only good thing I can think of is that the team clearly got the attention of the whole nation and perhaps they will fix the problem of "lack of due process" at Universities across the nation.

Well the only good thing I can think of is that the team clearly got the attention of the whole nation and perhaps they will fix the problem of "lack of due process" at Universities across the nation.

Lack of due process is much worse in criminal court systems in America than at the U. It is not even a close call. When are you guys going to start bitching about that? Or is your college football team the only thing that gets your attention? When you stop assuming the alleged victim is lying, and that the EOAA report is completely biased against the players, we will know you are actually concerned about due process at the U rather than winning sports teams. Not before then.

Some people forget that the players weren't just sending a message to their teammates, but also future recruits as well. The program has been hammered by this scandal all season. The players were just showing solidarity and projecting to the rest of the football world that the team was still a team despite all the distractions that were taking place.

Did the team articulate that well the first time around... No, they didn't.

But to accuse them of being ill-mannered or, even worse, rape apologists is a joke

Players go to Claeys and he goes to Coyle and he goes to Kaler. They aren't entitled to information in this case.

You don't want people to stand up for those that they feel are being wronged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of due process is much worse in criminal court systems in America than at the U. It is not even a close call. When are you guys going to start bitching about that? Or is your college football team the only thing that gets your attention? When you stop assuming the alleged victim is lying, and that the EOAA report is completely biased against the players, we will know you are actually concerned about due process at the U rather than winning sports teams. Not before then.

That's a laughable statement.

It is so funny that first the argument is that they shouldn't have acted without being better informed, then it became they aren't entitled. The boycott may very well be the reason the report got leaked to begin with...

So I think I got it, you think there needs to be even less transparency at the U from the administration. Top down command and control environment.

It is so funny that first the argument is that they shouldn't have acted without being better informed, then it became they aren't entitled. The boycott may very well be the reason the report got leaked to begin with...

So I think I got it, you think there needs to be even less transparency at the U from the administration. Top down command and control environment.

With the EOAA board involved it has nothing to do with Athletics at this point. From that time until hearing Kaler should be only one talking. It's above the athletic department.

You obviously missed the Philando Castile posts, and many other off topic posts. Probably discuss non football related(?) issues more than we should.

Care to explain this, with actual examples?

People complain about due process in the criminal courts ALL THE TIME. Like, literally, ALL THE TIME. I'm sure there are a handful of documentaries on Netflix right now. It's a super common topic. It's just not relevant to this situation, they are being punished by the U.

With the EOAA board involved it has nothing to do with Athletics at this point. From that time until hearing Kaler should be only one talking. It's above the athletic department.

I agree with this. I don't know what Coyle could or should add.

You obviously missed the Philando Castile posts, and many other off topic posts. Probably discuss non football related(?) issues more than we should.

Lack of due process is an EXTREMELY common topic for cases where someone is/could be punished. I have no idea what that loon is talking about. They might not have been super common topics on this board because um. . . . this is a Gopher football board.

UpNorth can't go 5 hours without writing something completely absurd.

With the EoAA board involved, there has to be a series of checks and balances in place to ensure due process takes place.

Anytime the PC femina**s (trying to stay PC myself [emoji41]) are running the asylum there needs to be checks and balances. Kaler needs to check and see if his nads have dropped into his sack. Outside observation shows no sign of droppage. [emoji41] [emoji270] [emoji270]

This is a Minnesota football board. Why would I talk about something here that has nothing to do with the football team?

You're such a hypocrite. You're criticizing others for their bias yet you're the most biased person here.

Top Bottom