I will say this on Brewster's behalf...

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
The game was an epic disaster, yes.

And absolutely, Brewster really deserves to be questioned for what went on before the time ran out.

However... and if you stayed till the end of the game, you may have noticed this too...

Brewster did stay and faced the students and sang Hail Minnesota with the Band after the game. That doesn't mean much in itself except for the fact that The whole team was in the locker room by the time they started playing the song!!!! Not one of them stayed for the song. And half the team didn't even cross the field to shake hands with the Coyotes.

What the hell, Gophers!!!??!! If you are going to embarrass yourselves, and your fans, and The U, at least face the music at the end of the game.

I am fully ashamed. Fully, fully ashamed of Gopher Football on this day.

monson stayed for the rouser too with the team after they got drilled by team after team.

brew = monson

I assumed he sent them in there so they wouldn't take any abuse. Probably a good move.

The game was an epic disaster, yes.

And absolutely, Brewster really deserves to be questioned for what went on before the time ran out.

However... and if you stayed till the end of the game, you may have noticed this too...

Brewster did stay and faced the students and sang Hail Minnesota with the Band after the game. That doesn't mean much in itself except for the fact that The whole team was in the locker room by the time they started playing the song!!!! Not one of them stayed for the song. And half the team didn't even cross the field to shake hands with the Coyotes.

What the hell, Gophers!!!??!! If you are going to embarrass yourselves, and your fans, and The U, at least face the music at the end of the game.

I am fully ashamed. Fully, fully ashamed of Gopher Football on this day.

I noticed the team missing Hail Minnesota too. :(

I love Gopher football for 2 reasons: the hope of winning games and the tradition. I could go on without one, but it will be hard to have my heart in this with neither.

Didn't See Coach

Started another thread on this...

Anyway, didn't see that Brewster was down there. I give him credit then but it makes me question it even more that the team wasn't there.

If true, I'll modify my thoughts slightly. Still think the team and HC should be present.

Go Gophers! Beat USC!

Win with class lose with class! Walking off the field without shaking hands shows no class!

Top Bottom